DVD Burner Problem

Old September 5th 07, 02:42 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Morton

Default DVD Burner Problem

Hi,
I'm running Vista Home Premium. My Roxio Easy Creator Suite 9 was fine
except that it would not let me copy DVD audio to a CD-R. Roxio
suggested that I uninstall and then re-install their software. After
that, just trouble. It copies and burns CD-Rs. It copies OK DVDs to my
hard drive, then writes 193 MB to a blank DVD-R, whereupon the hard
drive sputters and stops, and I get a message that the drive
re-initialized and the burning was unsuccessful. About 5 or 6 error code
numbers are listed. Strangely, the factory-installed Toshiba Disc
Creator now does the same thing.
Toshiba was unhelpful, telling me to just reformat mu hard drive, and
lose all my info. Roxio has been giving me several "fixes", none of
which works.
It is very frustrating. I have uninstalled then re-installed both the
Roxio and Toshiba software for CD/DVD, I'm running McAfee Security
Suite, Ad-Aware, etc..I have done a System Restore. All did not help.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Morton
Old September 6th 07, 01:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
http://tinyurl.com/6eldj
http://tinyurl.com/gqnae
http://tinyurl.com/2qnvph
http://tinyurl.com/38wte6

(No Mikey S-Lickers have been able to prove ANY of the above is a )
(LIBEL -- despite Mikey claimed to have PROOF of libels & misquotes!)
'

Morton wrote:

[...]

What do you mean by "DVD audio" as there is no "Audio DVD" like Audio
CD. Are you talking about "DVD-Audio"?

Historically Roxio POS has never uninstalled cleanly. The
uninstall/reinstall remedy usually works with many other softwares, but
not with cRoxio ****. Also the uninstall may have messed up files other
burn softwares depend on, like the wmp 11 burn plugin.

What you may try is uninstall Roxio and then delete Roxio files. And go
into the registry and delete all Roxio entries. Then try reinstall or
repair wmp 11.
Old September 6th 07, 03:02 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Morton

. --------------------------------------

Morton wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the reply.
1) Yes, Roxio stuff does not uninstall cleanly. I finally got a clue
from Roxio support after many e-mails. It seems that the Upper and Lower
Filters in the registry were screwed up. I deleted and re-did those, and
now I can burn DVDs again.
2) I may have been unclear re. audio tracks on DVDs. I have several DVDs
of classical music, and wish to copy the music (audio) only, to a CD-R,
without the picture (video). Roxio's web news had a method of how to do
that, but it does not work on my computer. That started the entire
problem, when Roxio told me to uninstall and re-install their Suite 9.
Thanks again for your input.

Morton
Old September 6th 07, 05:01 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Morton wrote:
--------------------------------------

Morton wrote:
[...]

Still trashing the Upper/Lower Filters!

Roxio has a cleaning utility called Roxizap. It blithely deletes the
filters, along with entries from other burn softwares making them
unworkable.

(Howard Kaikow discovered this and posted it in the Roxio forum. Roxio
deleted the message and I think Roxio banned him from the forum.)

2) I may have been unclear re. audio tracks on DVDs. I have several DVDs
of classical music, and wish to copy the music (audio) only, to a CD-R,
without the picture (video). Roxio's web news had a method of how to do
that, but it does not work on my computer. That started the entire
problem, when Roxio told me to uninstall and re-install their Suite 9.

I got a bit confused with your 'copy'. They usually use 'extract'.

The second post in this thread gives the link on how to rip audio using
DVDDecrypter.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=167242

To convert ac3 to wav, the link uses GoldWave, but many use free BeSweet
or BeSu
http://besweet.notrace.dk/stable.htm
http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/BeSure.html

.
Thanks again for your input.

You are welcome.

Burner Problem Me Dell Computers 6 June 6th 06 06:48 PM
Problem with DVD burner Squidward Dell Computers 3 March 13th 06 10:46 AM
cd burner problem Eric Storage (alternative) 1 February 6th 05 11:41 PM
cd burner problem Eric General 0 February 6th 05 03:40 PM
CD burner problem ROTC Jeep List General 5 September 15th 03 11:48 AM