SanDisk fakes from China sold on Ebay.

Old December 28th 06, 10:30 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Frank Arthur

Default SanDisk fakes from China sold on Ebay.

I bought a SanDisk Extreme III card on Ebay from a vendor in China. When the
card failed
and I sent it back to SanDisk for lifetime warranty only to discover it was
not a SanDisk product
and I am stuck with it.
The box and packaging looked liked the real thing

Old December 28th 06, 10:38 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Al Bundy

Frank Arthur wrote:
I bought a SanDisk Extreme III card on Ebay from a vendor in China. When the
card failed
and I sent it back to SanDisk for lifetime warranty only to discover it was
not a SanDisk product
and I am stuck with it.
The box and packaging looked liked the real thing

The newsgroups are getting spammed by these types of folks constantly.
On the rec.running site they offer shoes. You can get any brand, any
color or style, all from their single company plant. They are fakes,
knockoffs.
Perhaps someone can offer you a way to pursue the abuse in your case. I
never deal with Ebay.

Old December 28th 06, 11:27 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Shooter

Very sad that this can happen but really buying from China. There are ways
to check if the auction is on the level, I will put money on that the feed
back for this seller was quite low. Ebay have a money back scheme for such
events which is handled through Pay Pal, if however Art you paid by some
other means it would look on the surface that perhaps two safe gusrds may
have been ignored. I buy Sandisk Extream 3 1gb SD from a dealer in the UK
for £20.09 including delivery which I bet is not far above of what you paid.
Perhaps you should let this group have the name of this supplier so as to
help prevent more honest people getting scammed. I spent a great deal on
Ebay without problems of any kind, so far anyway......

news

Old December 29th 06, 06:14 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

As you probably know, anything that can be counterfeited and has some
value, well be. Epson ink cartridges are counterfeited, clothes are
counterfeited, music is bootlegged.

Sometimes a good deal, just isn't such a good deal.

I had a SanDisk SD flash memory (512mb) fail recently, and they replaced
it, after I shipped it to them. They wanted it shipped by registered
mail, but that would have cost more than the replacement cost, so I took
a chance and sent it by regular mail. They shipped the replacement back
by registered mail.

Art

Old December 29th 06, 06:17 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

Out of interest, was the card anywhere near the speed that a Extreme
Ultra II should have had?

I imagine that not was it a counterfeit, but it probably was slow speed
flash.

Art

Old December 29th 06, 01:43 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Roy G

"Frank Arthur" wrote in message
news
I bought a SanDisk Extreme III card on Ebay from a vendor in China. When
the card failed
and I sent it back to SanDisk for lifetime warranty only to discover it
was not a SanDisk product
and I am stuck with it.
The box and packaging looked liked the real thing

Sorry, but the fact that the vendor was based in China should have set your
alarm bells ringing.

Roy G

Old December 29th 06, 04:22 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Frank Arthur

"Arthur Entlich" wrote in message
Out of interest, was the card anywhere near the speed that a Extreme Ultra
II should have had?

I imagine that not was it a counterfeit, but it probably was slow speed
flash.

Art

SanDisk USA's experts examined photographs of the card and determined it was
not a SanDisk product.

Old December 29th 06, 11:44 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Ron

Been caught myself with fake Sandisk CF cards on ebay from local ebay
dealers (havent had a problem with any other products purchased from ebay).
If you do a google, even some well known stores have sold fakes, whether
they did this deliberately, I don't know. Impossible to tell whether you
have a fake card until you open the package and inspect the card. Ebay are
very slow to do anything about this, after I reported the dealer that ripped
me off with a fake card, he is still dealing and selling fake Sandisk cards
and he is still receiving negative feedback and being reported by others for
this. Best to buy from a reputable source.

Cheers

Ron from Downunder

Old December 31st 06, 12:41 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

I accidently skipped a word in my message quoted below.

It was supposed to read:

I imagine that not ONLY was it a counterfeit, but it probably was slow
speed flash (as well).

Art