UK companies

Old February 10th 06, 06:35 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default UK companies

I was just wondering what UK companies are the best to look at when
buying components. Probably the most important consideration is the
returns policy. I've heard good things about www.tekheads.co.uk,
www.dabs.co.uk and www.aria.co.uk.

Are these actualy good firms, and are there other good ones?

Thanks,

Dai.
Old February 11th 06, 08:09 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

David Richards wrote:
I was just wondering what UK companies are the best to look at when
buying components. Probably the most important consideration is the
returns policy. I've heard good things about www.tekheads.co.uk,
www.dabs.co.uk and www.aria.co.uk.

Are these actualy good firms, and are there other good ones?

Thanks,

Dai.

ebuyer.co.uk are worth checking out, not tried to return anything to
them yet.
simon
Old February 11th 06, 02:36 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"David Richards" wrote in message
I was just wondering what UK companies are the best to look at when buying
components. Probably the most important consideration is the returns
policy. I've heard good things about www.tekheads.co.uk, www.dabs.co.uk
and www.aria.co.uk.

Are these actualy good firms, and are there other good ones?

Thanks,

Dai

I have recently built a new machine. It was my first attempt at DIY. I had
narrowed the choice to Novatech or Komplett, largely on price and
recommendation. Novatech slightly cheaper but never answered any pre-sales
email enquiries. Komplett were excellent, very patient with me and responded
within 24 hours to all queries. They even checked my shopping list for
compatibility. I gave them the order. The power supply that I had chosen was
out of stock and they quite cheerfully cancelled the originally order and I
reordered with an alternative PSU. They then delivered in 48 hours.
Fortunately the only problem I had was in finding they motherboard fixing
screws. I did not look properly! They even pointed me in the right direction
for that. So I have no returns experience. I had previously bought upgrade
components hard drives etc from them. Would not now buy elsewhere unless a
significant price advantage.

David

Old February 18th 06, 12:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

David Richards wrote:
I was just wondering what UK companies are the best to look at when
buying components. Probably the most important consideration is the
returns policy. I've heard good things about www.tekheads.co.uk,
www.dabs.co.uk and www.aria.co.uk.

Are these actualy good firms, and are there other good ones?

Thanks,

Dai.

Can anyone reccomend microdirect.co.uk? They've got a 7800GT for £185,
which I'm very tempted by

Dai.
Old February 26th 06, 09:08 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

David Richards wrote:
David Richards wrote:
I was just wondering what UK companies are the best to look at when
buying components. Probably the most important consideration is the
returns policy. I've heard good things about www.tekheads.co.uk,
www.dabs.co.uk and www.aria.co.uk.

Are these actualy good firms, and are there other good ones?

Thanks,

Dai.

Can anyone reccomend microdirect.co.uk? They've got a 7800GT for £185,
which I'm very tempted by

Dai.

I can reccomend CCL Computers very highly. I made a proper mess of
ordering various bits, but they got it sorted for me and quickly
cleared up the credit card issues too.

http://www.cclonline.com/

Regards, Andy

Old February 26th 06, 09:10 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

David Richards wrote:
David Richards wrote:
I was just wondering what UK companies are the best to look at when
buying components. Probably the most important consideration is the
returns policy. I've heard good things about www.tekheads.co.uk,
www.dabs.co.uk and www.aria.co.uk.

Are these actualy good firms, and are there other good ones?

Thanks,

Dai.

Can anyone reccomend microdirect.co.uk? They've got a 7800GT for £185,
which I'm very tempted by

Dai.

I've dealt with microdirect and so far as I can recall had no problems
with them. I can't remember how long it was since I traded with them,
but for sure if there had been any problems I would remember.

Andy