Best cdr / dvd reader ?

Old November 22nd 05, 06:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr

Default Best cdr / dvd reader ?

Thinking dvd-rom but can be a writer if need be

from scratches and clonecd point of view

i know tosh dvd-roms are rated very highly esp. by clone cd guys

thanks

Old December 8th 05, 01:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 18:19:52 -0000, zjustice
wrote:

Thinking dvd-rom but can be a writer if need be

from scratches and clonecd point of view

i know tosh dvd-roms are rated very highly esp. by clone cd guys

thanks

The best reader that I have found for scratched CD's is a Plextor PX4012S.
I have one particular scratched test disc and the 4012S is the only drive
that I have used that will even attempt to read the whole disc. Everything
else gives up part way through.

Cheers

James.