Roxio 6

Old February 10th 04, 12:09 PM
Brugge

Default Roxio 6

I have a Plextor PX-708A CD/DVD burner. When I backed up some data
files onto DVD-R using Roxio 6 I got some "fixation" error from Roxio at
the very end of the burn process. I got my coaster #1.

I then did some search and upgraded the firmware for the Plextor to
v1.04 and reburned. This time I did not get any error from Roxio. But
when I checked the files on the backup DVD-R I got read errors all over
the place. Coaster #2.

How do I find out what the problem was? And why Roxio did not report
any error when the data was in fact corrupt? We are talking about
precious data here!! Can someone recommend a reliable DVD burning
software for data? Thanks.

Old February 11th 04, 02:10 AM
Bob Knowlden

I prefer Nero (www.nero.com). Nero includes an option to verify the burned
files. Roxio's Easy CD Creator does not, as far as I know.

I keep ECDC installed, though, because the packet writing software included
with it seems to be less flaky than InCD, which is Ahead Software's version
(free with Nero).

HTH.

Address altered to avoid spam. Replace nkbob with bobkn.

Old February 12th 04, 08:26 PM
Rod Speed

Roger Blake wrote in message
Bob Knowlden wrote

I prefer Nero (www.nero.com). Nero includes an option to verify the
burned files. Roxio's Easy CD Creator does not, as far as I know.

Easy CD Creator version 5 does, don't know about version 6.
(The verify option is hidden under "CD Project Properties.")

6 does too. Same place.