Msvcp60.dll is linked to missing export Msvcrt.dll.......

Old February 8th 04, 03:47 PM
me again

Default Msvcp60.dll is linked to missing export Msvcrt.dll.......

I have a Compaq 5192 running Windows98 FE and I have just started getting
this error message when I try to start certain programs such as Works 6.0,
Nero Burning ROM and a few others. Also get another box that says - a device
attached to the system is not functioning.

In trying to track down the cause through Google, MS, etc, it appears it may
be caused by a mismatch between the versions of the dll files I have which
might have been caused by a program changing the original versions when it
was installed. (It could be something else too). The only recent changes
were to install an Internet Explorer critical update and a program called
K-Lite Codec Pack 2.20, both of which I have uninstalled without any change
to the errors.

It's all very confusing to me. But my question is, does anyone know how to
determine what versions of these files may have shipped with this computer?
I tried extracting both from my cabs files but SFC couldn't locate
Msvcp60.dll? Is anyone knowledgeable enough about this error to advise if
I'm looking in the right direction?

Thanks

Joe