Help On Udf Reader

Old May 15th 11, 03:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Tony[_3_]

Default Help On Udf Reader

http://thedailyreviewer.com/xphelp/v...x64-1011793768

Help On Udf Reader!!
Friends, Recently, I purchased a Sony Dual-layer DVD burner which came
with NERO buring sofware, and an "updated" UDF reader. Previously, I had
Sanyo DVD ROM & a Sanyo CD burner, using Easy CD Creator. (I kept the CD
burner as a 2nd drive.) My problem is: of about 100 CDR-W's that were
burned using the UDF reader (that is bundled with Easy CD Creator) at
least 50% are "unreadable" using the UDF reader that came with the NERO
software. Does anyone know of a "work-around" for this problem? Is there
a program that will recover info from CDR-W's? I have called Sony about
the problem - they told me to pound sand - that there wasn't anything
they could do. NERO told me they are aware of the problem, but there's
nothing they can do either. I went to COMPUSA, and the morons had no
clue about recovery software. And, if you are thinking of suggesting I
reinstall Easy CD Creator, forget it! Installing these two programs on
the same computer will lock- up your system tighter than you have ever
seen! There has to be an easier way!! Thanks for any and all help!
Fairwinds and following seas,

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

proper manners

Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first
day on the job for potty mouth,

I hate them both, With useless bogus bull**** you need at least *three*
fulltime jobs to afford either one of them

I'm a fulltime text *only* man on usenet now. The rest of the world
downloads the binary files not me i can't afford thousands of dollars a
month

UBB = User based bullFROGGING

beyond the realm of understandability

This sig file was compiled via my journeys through usenet

Old May 15th 11, 07:48 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Ilya Zakharevich

On 2011-05-15, Tony wrote:
Friends, Recently, I purchased a Sony Dual-layer DVD burner which came
with NERO buring sofware, and an "updated" UDF reader. Previously, I had
Sanyo DVD ROM & a Sanyo CD burner, using Easy CD Creator. (I kept the CD
burner as a 2nd drive.) My problem is: of about 100 CDR-W's that were
burned using the UDF reader (that is bundled with Easy CD Creator) at
least 50% are "unreadable" using the UDF reader that came with the NERO
software. Does anyone know of a "work-around" for this problem? Is there
a program that will recover info from CDR-W's?

It is not clear from your description what a saner OS (one which does
not need "readers") can see on these disks. If mounting as
ISO-filesystem does not work, then copying the CD RAWish to the hard
drive and using something like 7zip on it would not probably work
either, but you may try.

(Maybe the quickiest way would be to look at \\.\F: using 7zip etc.)

I have called Sony about
the problem - they told me to pound sand - that there wasn't anything
they could do. NERO told me they are aware of the problem, but there's
nothing they can do either. I went to COMPUSA, and the morons had no
clue about recovery software. And, if you are thinking of suggesting I
reinstall Easy CD Creator, forget it! Installing these two programs on
the same computer will lock- up your system tighter than you have ever
seen! There has to be an easier way!! Thanks for any and all help!
Fairwinds and following seas,

There should be no problem installing both on the same computer, as
far as two OSes are distinct. Did you try insalling into a virtual machine?

Ilya
Old May 15th 11, 04:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Is InCD installed? If not, install it. Then try to read the DirectCD
burned discs in the CD burner.

(If InCD is not bundled with the Sony, go to Ahead and download it.)

Old July 13th 11, 06:36 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Tony wrote:

[...]

These two were supposed to do something with udf problems:

IsoBuster
http://www.IsoBuster.com/

CDRoller
http://www.cdroller.com/
Old July 13th 11, 06:10 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Tony[_3_]

They seem to have done the trick, thanks.

smh wrote:

Tony wrote:

[...]

Nay, Art thou decideth playeth ye simpleton games. *Some* of us know proper manners

Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first day on the
job for potty mouth,

Bur-ring, i'll get this one: WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM JERK!!? We're here to help you
dickweed

I hate them both, With useless bogus bull**** you need at least *three* fulltime jobs
to afford either one of them

I'm a fulltime text *only* man on usenet now. The rest of the world downloads the
binary files not me i can't afford thousands of dollars a month

UBB = User based bullFROGGING

realm of understandability

This sig file was compiled via my journeys through usenet

Roxio UDF Reader latest version does not install? (Roxio claims it is standalone, though) Andreas Eibach Cdr 4 April 28th 08 04:56 AM
Could someone tell me the difference between burning a UDF and a ISO/UDF DVD? Ron Cliburn Homebuilt PC's 2 January 17th 08 11:56 PM
how to relete my udf reader ...............ts Scherb066 Cdr 5 September 7th 07 02:26 AM
Nero UDF & UDF/ISO confusion K2 Cdr 25 April 22nd 04 07:41 AM
Packet Writing Software, Location of udf reader file driver for different O.S. Bun Mui Cdr 5 January 20th 04 02:16 AM