OT-- damn NWA--any recourse here?

Old December 28th 07, 05:53 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bill[_15_]

Default OT-- damn NWA--any recourse here?

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 18:22:56 -0500, MZB wrote:

OK--this is TOTALLY off topic, but I know some of you probably travel a lot,
so maybe someone has some insight:

Daughter arrived last night from Calif.

After mucho delays she got in at 2:30 AM but her luggage didn't (despite a 3
hour delay in Minnesota).

Today she called and they said her bag is in Detroit (it went from LA to
DTW). Meanwhile, she has no clothes and her Xmas presents are in her
luggage. NWA says they have tons of bags and don't know when it will get
here (but not today or tomorrow).

Does she have any recourse. If she now buys more clothes, can she get any
reimbusement?

Upshot: she did go shopping today (no choice, really) and is now set for the
next few days. Still, annoying and we don't know when her luggage will
arrive.

Mel

Mel,

If you haven't contact NWA and specifically ask. Similar thing happened
last summer to us -- family on vacation, outside US, resort location. ALL
luguage was lost for 4 full days (not counting the day of arrival or
delivery). None of the usual departmemnt stores to acquire the "normal"
stuff needed at reasonable prices.

Filed a claim at the airport. The rep said nothing about NWA reimbursing us
for anything. We called NWA the next day, and specifically asked. We were
told $50 per person the first day, then $25 per persons for each additional
day. Can't tell you if these are hard and fast rules -- or a guideline to
keep people from taking advantage. We did what we could to limit our own
damages -washing clothes so we could wear them longer than we intended. All
I can tell you is we behaved in a responsible manner with regard to what we
bought and NWA paid the entire claim we filed without asking a single
question.

Be sure your daughter talks to NWA, and be sure she keeps all her
documentation.

hope it helps,
Bill
--
Email address is a spam trap

Damn HP!!! GP Printers 1 February 5th 05 11:12 PM
Dabs - damn! Anton G˙sen UK Computer Vendors 1 December 15th 03 04:22 AM
Damn! -Lone_Wolf- Overclocking AMD Processors 0 November 7th 03 08:18 PM
What recourse do NVidia owners have? magnulus Nvidia Videocards 31 September 19th 03 05:01 PM
Any recourse if you have been stiffed? wwwild UK Computer Vendors 11 September 17th 03 07:17 AM