3.10 + Omegadrivers

Old December 23rd 03, 12:13 AM
SL

Default 3.10 + Omegadrivers

Hello all.

I currently have 3.8 drivers with the latest Omegadrivers installed over
top. Im thinking of going to the 3.10. Do I have to uninstall any previous
stuff first? The 3.9 driver was not too friendly with my 9500 pro card at
times. This is on an XP Pro system.

Thanks all,
SL

Old December 23rd 03, 02:02 AM
Randy

I also have a 9500 pro and the new drivers work GREAT so far with all my
games. COD, MOHAA, Madden 2004 all tested ok. I had the 3.8 Omegadrivers and
I just installed over the others. You have to uninstall the reg. ATI control
panel if you have it but I had the Omega CP. Read the readme file on his
site to see what else if anything you need to know.

Good luck and enjoy
Randy

t...

Old December 23rd 03, 03:25 PM
Dark Avenger

"SL" wrote in message et...
Hello all.

I currently have 3.8 drivers with the latest Omegadrivers installed over
top. Im thinking of going to the 3.10. Do I have to uninstall any previous
stuff first? The 3.9 driver was not too friendly with my 9500 pro card at
times. This is on an XP Pro system.

Thanks all,
SL

My 9500 Pro runs fine on 3.10 Cats from Omega Corner. BF1942 1.5 with
the latest Desert Combat mod, resolution 1280x960 .. FULL DETAIL

:-)

And it runs nice!
Old December 24th 03, 12:07 AM
SL

I took the plunge shortly after posting. I found a link posted quite
recently in here . Thanks to who ever that was.

I have the latest omega drivers with 3.10 and so far they seem fine. I have
yet to do any hard gaming yet. That will be my test.

Oh, I havent had the Ati control panel for some time. So the need to remove
it was not necessary. I also read the "readme" file. It claimed the
removal of old drivers is not necessary. Once reading that, It basically
answered my original question. I should of have remembered doing that
process back in 3.8, 3.9 etc...

thanks,
SL
"Dark Avenger" wrote in message
om...

Old December 24th 03, 12:27 AM
bill

What happens if you don't remove
the old control panel
bill
t...

Old December 24th 03, 12:46 AM
Randy

it will mess-up and not load correctly if I remember correctly. His control
panel has tweaked settings for gaming.

Randy

Randy
"bill" wrote in message
.net...
What happens if you don't remove
the old control panel
bill
t...

Old December 24th 03, 03:08 AM
SL

Wow...what a difference with my latest addict game. Im into Command&Conquer
: Zero Hour. It was chugging a little slow for a capable pc. I switched to
the latest Omegadrivers and it runs nice and smooth.

I found it very smooth in all respects for 2D and especially 3D games so
far.

SL

.net...

"Randy" wrote in message
it will mess-up and not load correctly if I remember correctly. His

control
panel has tweaked settings for gaming.

Randy

Randy