What are regulations for Easter trading? [OT]

Old April 16th 06, 05:15 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

Default What are regulations for Easter trading? [OT]

"Lordy.UK" wrote in message
. ..
Because many of those "silly people" would have to work on a day
that is religously important to them.

Anyone religious is by their own admission a retard. Why should the
views of retards take precedence over those of sane people ?

WTF is the problem with many shoppers?

They are justifiably ****ed off because of bible bashing 'spack-lords'
forcing their fantasy crap onto other people.

There's a select few days through the year where people should be assured
they're going to all be available for vegging, family gatherings etc. The
fact those days are generally decided by some bloke being nailed to a tree
doesn't stop them being any less important to those who don't go in for
sandalled tree nailees.

Old April 16th 06, 05:15 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 12:31:27 GMT, a particular chimpanzee named "me"
randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

"RiTSo" wrote in message
.uk...

Sparks wrote:

: I did wonder where there is a shop that was 3 Kilometres wide and
: long!!

3km x 3km = 9000 square metres

3km = 3 000m. 3 000m x 3 000m = 9 000 000m².

Or you could have a shop 3km long by 1m wide!
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have you strayed?"
Old April 16th 06, 05:16 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

"David Wright" wrote in message
I think it's stupid they have to close on Easter Sunday, it's only a
Sunday like any other, nothing special about it, why shouldn't I be able
to shop just because a few silly people think it's a special day.

Geez, what did you do 15 years ago when all shops were closed on Sundays,
and some shops even closed at noon on Saturdays? Must have really panicked
you!

The real problem was trying to argue what constituted a meal so you could
get a beer on a Sunday afternoon

Old April 16th 06, 05:18 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 13:33:18 GMT, Johannes
wrote:

Before you complain, you should try to learn the difference between meters
and square meters,

What are they!!

Units of measurement. FFS, it's not exctly hard to work out.

you may endorse the use of foreign measurements in
this country I don't,

That's a bonus! Any endorsement from you would alost guarantee failure.

a butcher I used to buy meat from took early
retirement a few years ago rather than be forced to use the foreign
units of measurement that was being forced up on him and other shop
keepers .
I would like to know why retailers and manufacturing companies fell
into line when the European units of measurement forced upon

Because it's a far simpler system and has been taught in this country since
at least the early seventies.

them I
can't see the government's enforcement agencies would have been able
to do anything about it had they ALL refused to follow like a flock of
sheep which they did .
Next news we will all be forced to drive on the right .

Now that's a bloody good idea.

--
Unlock Your Phone's Potential
www.uselessinfo.org.uk

Old April 16th 06, 05:21 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

Stuffed wrote:

They are justifiably ****ed off because of bible bashing 'spack-lords'
forcing their fantasy crap onto other people.

There's a select few days through the year where people should be assured
they're going to all be available for vegging, family gatherings etc. The
fact those days are generally decided by some bloke being nailed to a tree
doesn't stop them being any less important to those who don't go in for
sandalled tree nailees.

I'd say there should be at least 52 such days in each year, probably
closer to 60.

ie. every Sunday and bank holiday.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL
Old April 16th 06, 05:24 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 15:01:08 +0100, "R. Mark Clayton"
wrote:

So we should use US units like gallons, pints, bushels etc. (although
these
are not the same as Imperial units)?

No we should use what people of my generation and older where taught
to use from being infants and all through our childhood .

Don't be so daft. So progress should halt because it may involve you making
a slight effort to understand a simpler system? What happens with the next
generation, or the one after that? Do we halt any and all progress ad
infinitum then?

I suppose you wnat to go back to pounds shillings and pence - £sd - even
though these were the old Roman units of Libra, Solidi Denarii, along with
odd subdivisions such as florins, crowns, guineaus etc.

Why not we got along quite nicely when we used pounds shillings and
pence, a friend has just sold 600 old pennies to a yank for 120.00
plus 76.00 postage on Ebay would you believe .

He wouldn't have done if they were still in circulation though. There you
see, a sure sign of progress. ;-)

Old April 16th 06, 05:28 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

"Geronimo W. Christ Esq" wrote in message
Richard Colton wrote:

Because many of those "silly people" would have to work on a day that is
religously important to them.

Ah, ********. So the state is expected to uphold some religious beliefs?

Yep, and your point is?

Who gets to say what is "religiously important" anyway ? I could set up my
Church of Arse and declare that all seven days of the week are religious
important and demand legislation to keep everyone out of the shops ?

You could do if you really wanted, but until it was the dominant religion
you wouldn't stand a chance of changing legislation. It does sound
interesting though.

Old April 16th 06, 05:28 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 17:02:52 +0100, "oO" wrote:

...Sod the EU? Who will Britain cling to. It needs something - it's no
longer the big player it once was...all empires fall....Stick with the US
you think?

It was the US that saved us from Hitler so why not I for one would
sooner stick with the US than any of the European countries at least
the US have proved they can be trusted .

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL
Old April 16th 06, 05:31 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

"Lordy.UK" wrote in message
. ..
Because many of those "silly people" would have to work on a day
that is religously important to them.

Anyone religious is by their own admission a retard.

How so?

Why should the
views of retards take precedence over those of sane people ?

If the definition of sanity is to be judged by your yardstick, I'll take the
wishes of the insane any day of the week.

WTF is the problem with many shoppers?

They are justifiably ****ed off because of bible bashing 'spack-lords'
forcing their fantasy crap onto other people.

Aww, did you not get any Easter eggs this morning?

Old April 16th 06, 05:31 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 15:17:11 GMT, a particular chimpanzee named Lordy
randomly hit the keyboard and
produced:

It's probably been posted elsewhere in this thread

Indeed it has. By yourself 7 minutes ago :-)