Unkown power connector type - pic04.jpg (0/1)

Old February 28th 04, 09:48 PM
end user

Default Unkown power connector type - pic04.jpg (0/1)

On the attached photo there is a picture of a power connector found on
my PSU. It is presently unplugged, what is it used for?

Thanks
Locust
Old February 28th 04, 10:08 PM
Paul

In article , end user
wrote:

On the attached photo there is a picture of a power connector found on
my PSU. It is presently unplugged, what is it used for?

Thanks
Locust

In the ATX_2.1 spec from formfactors.org, it says it is the "Aux power"
connector:

"It is recommended that motherboards requiring 3.3V current over
18 A or +5V current over 30 A implement an Aux Power Connector."

The six wires are (3) GND, (2) +3.3, and (1) +5V

HTH,
Paul
Old February 28th 04, 11:07 PM
end user

That comment wasn't necc. as question/photo was directly related to
this site

Locust
On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 21:53:35 -0000, "KB" wrote:

This aint a binary site..........
not supposed to post pics............

.. .

Old February 28th 04, 11:40 PM
Ben Pope

end user wrote:
On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 21:53:35 -0000, "KB" wrote:

This aint a binary site..........
not supposed to post pics............

That comment wasn't necc. as question/photo was directly related to
this site

Actually it seems it was necessary... this IS NOT a binary group and thus
posting binaries is not the intended purpose, whether it's relevant or not.

My news server does not carry binaries in non-binaries groups, and thus I
did not see the picture.

Ben

Old February 29th 04, 12:41 AM
Barry Watzman

That connector is known as an "Auxpwr" connector, and it's purpose is to
provide extra power to the AGP slot for video cards that have high power
requirements. However, it's not generally used, the video card makers
have instead gone to putting a "disk drive" connector directly on their
video cards in most cases, because many (I'd almost say most)
motherboards don't have a connector for the "Auxpwr" connector.

I don't know that I've ever seen a photo attachment to a newsgroup
messages, but I did get it and was able to view it.

Old February 29th 04, 06:52 AM
Noozer

I don't know that I've ever seen a photo attachment to a newsgroup
messages, but I did get it and was able to view it.

and it's VERY UN-WELCOME in this or any other non-binary group... And I'll
shove an umbrella up the ass of anyone who says otherwise - I can make it
fit, so it must be welcome, eh?

Old February 29th 04, 04:50 PM
Quanto

Very true and ***** to top posting.
If I want to put my reply before what was said then I will.
Up the Brits

Old February 29th 04, 04:53 PM
Quanto

True words indeed.
Tis not meant to have Binary in non binary forum/group.

Old February 29th 04, 07:57 PM
RonK

Same here and I also have my toilet paper rolling off the top, not off the
bottom ! - Why- Because I like it that way too.

Dead computer? Patty Homebuilt PC's 63 February 4th 05 08:06 AM
power on /reset switch problems chris Homebuilt PC's 5 January 4th 05 02:52 PM
Won't Power Up after Power Outage Greg Lovern Homebuilt PC's 7 February 8th 04 01:47 PM
Happy Birthday America SST Overclocking AMD Processors 326 November 27th 03 07:54 PM
System will not power on when AiW Radeon is attached to power connector... ZigZag Master Overclocking AMD Processors 8 November 18th 03 11:46 AM