Advice on hardware for ground up build

Old October 10th 04, 03:08 PM
JK

If you are not in a big rush, wait for nice 64 bit video editing software to
appear, then buy an Athlon 64 or Opteron system.

WookieMan wrote:

Dell and Gateway are not getting any more money from me. I'm real
comfortable with putting all the parts together, but need help selecting all
of the individual components.

Primary function of the system will be high end video editing, so I'm
thinking 3.2 GHz processor, 1 gig RAM, 250 gig SATA drive, 256 MB vid card,
and 1394 controller to start.

I'm looking to build 'the cadillac' system and willing to pay a little more
for better / faster / reliable stuff.

The more specific you can be, the better, e.g. make & model #'s.

Thanks for the advice!!

=The Wook.

Old October 10th 04, 04:59 PM
JAD

HAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHA damn thanks i needed that.

Old October 10th 04, 08:09 PM
JK

Have you seen this?

http://www.anandtech.com/linux/showdoc.aspx?i=2163&p=1