New mobo- When do I update BIOS?

Old November 21st 03, 02:04 AM

Default New mobo- When do I update BIOS?

Building an Intel D865PERL w/P4@3Ghz. When do i update the BIOS?
Before I install the os, using a bootable disk, downloaded from Intel
site?
Old November 21st 03, 03:04 AM
JAD

when there are problems, misdetected NEWER CPUs, memory capacities stuff like that.

Old November 22nd 03, 04:21 AM
Jan Alter

From the fact that you say you're building you needn't update the bios at
all unless the newer update offers you something that hardwarewise you need.
If this is the case then you may as well update it before you install the
OS.
Ie: you're building your computer and the mb's current bios only supports
a P4 up to 2.4 ghz and the cpu you intend to use is 2.8 ghz. A newer bios
will support the mb up to 3.0 ghz. At that point it's reasonable to flash
the bios.

--
Jan Alter

link.net...