creating the restore diskette

Old February 10th 08, 10:33 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
[email protected]

Default creating the restore diskette

Hi-

I have this Packard Bell restore Cd. It is MS# X03-94299

368-00001-000
How do I create the restore diskette from the MCD?

Thanks-

Bill
Old February 10th 08, 12:50 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

On Feb 10, 5:33*am, wrote:
Hi-

* * * * * * I have this Packard Bell restore Cd. It is *MS# X03-94299

368-00001-000
* * * *How do I create the restore diskette from the MCD?

Thanks-

Bill

Hell of a question.
If I could view all the files on the CD it would be simple

If it is a WIN98 CD it may be bootable
You could boot it
Cancel the restore if on a PB system

Go to a A: prompt and copy all the files and use winimage to make a
floppy

You could also look for a file called osboot or and image file.

You could also get a bootdisk at bootdisk .com
and use the command oemsetup.exe which should be the command for
this series

Some older systems
Type dosmenu
Then restore.exe
and some dosrun.exe

I do make a floppy that first looks for and detects all the known PB
systems with their
cdroms starting at the 486 systems and moving onward

If not found it mounts a universal driver like the one from
bootdisk.com

It then gives 4 restore options based on command line
for packard bell ststems and then the same for a few other
manufacturers

Price is 24.95 and it can be bought on ebay if you wish

Old February 10th 08, 01:11 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

On Feb 10, 7:50*am, metronid wrote:
On Feb 10, 5:33*am, wrote:

[...]

I would be glad to send you a boot disk for all PB systems for after
1998
to aprox by email
Old February 10th 08, 01:33 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
mc

Metronoid, can you send one to my e-mail, this is the same pb cd I'm using
on the 910 that is giving me a fit to get the cd working...
mc

Old February 10th 08, 01:58 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

On Feb 10, 5:33 am, wrote:

[...]

to aprox by email- Hide quoted text -

I can and will send you the file that I think is appropriate for your
system.
If your CDROM is defective or not installed correctly it will not cure
that.

From reading your posts I think I noticed that Windows can see CDROM
but it will not read.
Chances are high that a 9 yr old or more CDROM could be defective or
need cleaning.
Ben's suggestion for bootdiisk.com was a good one

In any case I will send the file
Old February 10th 08, 02:00 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

On Feb 10, 5:33 am, wrote:

[...]

From reading your posts I think I noticed that Windows can see CDROM
but it will not read.
Chances are high that a 9 yr old or more CDROM could be defective or
need cleaning.
Ben's suggestion for bootdiisk.com was a good one

In any case I will send the file- Hide quoted text -

Email me at
I will respond with the file
Old February 10th 08, 02:02 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

On Feb 10, 5:33 am, wrote:

[...]

From reading your posts I think I noticed that Windows can see CDROM
but it will not read.
Chances are high that a 9 yr old or more CDROM could be defective or
need cleaning.
Ben's suggestion for bootdiisk.com was a good one

In any case I will send the file- Hide quoted text -

Email me at
I will respond with the file- Hide quoted text -

one more time

metronid
at
verizon
.net
Old February 10th 08, 04:49 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Rich/rerat

Bill,
For your original question about making a floppy from the original PB MRCD.
On the MRCD for my 1998 PB MM955 w/333Mhz AMD K-6, there is a folder with
the files that can be copied to a floppy disk. They can be found at the
following location:

cd:\Floppy

--
Rich/rerat
(RRR News) message rule

Old February 10th 08, 07:18 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

On Feb 10, 11:49*am, "Rich/rerat" wrote:
Bill,
For your original question about making a floppy from the original PB MRCD..
On the MRCD for my 1998 PB MM955 w/333Mhz AMD K-6, there is a folder with
the files that can be copied to a floppy disk. They can be found at the
following location:

cd:\Floppy

--
Rich/rerat
(RRR News) * *message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate

Hi-

* * * * * * I have this Packard Bell restore Cd. It is *MS# X03-94299

368-00001-000
* * * *How do I create the restore diskette from the MCD?

Thanks-

Bill

This particular CD MS# X03-94299

368-00001-000

has the floppy file as an image file called osboot.
This is an absolute fact

Could there be a floppy file
Most likely

One thing I do know is my boot disks

Old February 10th 08, 09:11 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
mc

Thanks for the file metronoid...
mc