Windows 2K Pro help needed!!!!

Old July 14th 03, 07:25 PM
Leonisknovo

Default Windows 2K Pro help needed!!!!

Ok, in a previous thread, someone helped me through my problem, which
was m anti-virus went crazy, and me acting stupid, helped it, and
basicly deleted a very important Windows file (rundll32.exe)

well, now, I can only select "Bitmap" when I try saving images.
If I type in name.jpg, it saves as jpg.

However, when I try to save animated stuff, like the blue flaming
text, on www.flamingtext.com, if I put in .gif, it saves as a .gif,
yes, but its not animated anymore; its as if I saved it as a jpg, than
re-named so it switched to a gif!

Simply way to put it, animated stuff I save as .gif, are no longer
animated.

And when I right-click w/e animated file, than select "Other" from
list of programs I can use to open it, it says

"Windows cannot find rundll32.exe

This program is needed for opening files
of type 'GIF File'.

Location of rundll32.exe:"
(box to browse for location of rundll32.exe)

Now, I browsed it so it would look in WINNT/system32 folder, however
it still says rundll32.exe is not found!!

Anyone, please, HELP ME!!

I cannot live if I can't save stuff animated.

(note, this does not, repeat, does not, affect)
(.SWF files as far as I know, so far)
Old July 15th 03, 12:18 AM
S.Heenan

Leonisknovo wrote:
[...]

Delete your temporary internet files. In IE ToolsInternet OptionsDelete
files. Also check the Offline Files boxPress OK. Now try it.
--
Winerr 00B - Push Error; Removing Files to Make Room for Advertisement

Old July 15th 03, 01:47 AM
Magikal

I am an IT tech but I don't know a lot about graphics programs but
here is a thought. I did some research and discovered the following:

"A Smaller GIF was created to reduce the amount of time it takes web
pages to load (as well as the disk space occupied by them on both
servers and clients). Any compression achieved by using the program
depends on the type of animation as well as the program that was used
to create it.
Even small improvements in file size will improve overall web
responsiveness, and since there is no visual difference (besides
seeing the animation download faster) there is no excuse not to reduce
file size. A small improvement in file size will be magnified when you
consider the number of times it is downloaded by viewers.

The viewing features were added due to user’s requests. Many GIF
utilities and viewers currently available do not fully support the
standard GIF specification, and do not properly display some animated
GIFs. "

Taken From : http://www.peda.com/smaller/desc.html for further
reference. Let me know what happens.