Epson print drivers

Old December 29th 03, 08:36 PM
mark herring

Default Epson print drivers

Looking for any info on customizing Epson print drivers. Also, where does
one get the interface info to write your own drivers?

I have a 1280 and a 900 photo. Both have borderless roll paper capability,
but print the same file with a different scale factor:

1280 scales up the print size by no more than 1-2%. What you see on the
screen is pretty close to what you get.

900 OTOH, scales up by maybe 7%---enough to cut off an already well-cropped
image. VERY annoying.

So far the Epson answer is that this is basically the way it is.

--
******************
Mark Herring

*

Old December 29th 03, 09:41 PM
Steve Dunbar

mark herring wrote:

Looking for any info on customizing Epson print drivers. Also, where does
one get the interface info to write your own drivers?

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_pr...lus_Photo_1280

Steve
Old December 30th 03, 06:40 AM
Mark Herring

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 13:41:41 -0800, Steve Dunbar
wrote:

mark herring wrote:

Looking for any info on customizing Epson print drivers. Also, where does
one get the interface info to write your own drivers?

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_pr...lus_Photo_1280

--

Thanks---yes, I found this earlier. Maybe I have not looked deep
enough, but I'm not seeing the actual interface info---what someone

I'm guessing that learning more about this may require cranking up the
ole Linux Box and setting up Gimp-print.

Anyone out there ever hacked / disassembled an Epson Windows driver?
Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".