modify boot disk

Old April 17th 08, 02:42 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
AWM

Default modify boot disk

I installed a LiteOn cd in my 994 cdt but the win95 boot disk does not see
the cd. A win 98 boot disk sees it and installs an Oak Technologies driver
(OTI-91X). Is there a way to modify the win 95 disk, either version 2.1w or
2.3w to load a cd driver?
mc

Old April 17th 08, 05:17 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Ben Myers

If your reason for asking the question is that you want to install Windows 95 on
the computer, use the Windows 98 setup disk, then switch to the CD-ROM's drive
letter, and key in the command SETUP.

You could also modify a Windows 95 boot disk, but this is not easy to do, so it
is not easy to describe how to do it in a few words. Doing so requires a
pretty good knowledge of DOS, something that stopped being very important to
most people over 10 years ago... Ben Myers

Old April 17th 08, 09:58 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
AWM

I did try this and inserted the 95PB floppy disk and cd after the 98 boot
was complete. It did install 95 but the pb sofware and drivers did not
install.
mc
news

Old April 17th 08, 11:23 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Ben Myers

PB software and drivers apparently are not part of the pre-packaged Windows 95
CD, which contains only limited drivers You'll have to chase down the drivers.
Someone in the NG who knows PB very well may be able to tell you which drivers
you need for the 994 CDT. The other way to go about it is to identify the main
chips on the motherboard, then go to the chip manufacturer's web site to find
drivers. Of course, the chip mfr may no longer be in business... Ben Myers

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 20:58:57 GMT, "AWM" wrote:

I did try this and inserted the 95PB floppy disk and cd after the 98 boot
was complete. It did install 95 but the pb sofware and drivers did not
install.
mc
news

Old April 17th 08, 11:37 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Rich/rerat

AWM,
You may find PB drivers at:
http://priorityonesupport.com

You will need to register an email address with them, they have a system
lookup based on serial #, so you may find what you need.

--
Rich/rerat
(RRR News) message rule

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
[...]

news

Old April 18th 08, 02:44 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
AWM

There was a restore.exe file on the cd that I ran from the a:\ prompt and
that worked...but it was still looking
for the original cd-rom...
mc

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
[...]

news

Old April 19th 08, 07:31 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

"Ben Myers" wrote in message

[...]

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
news If your reason for asking the question is that you want to install
[...]

mc- Hide quoted text -

send me the restore floppy via attachment
I will try to send you a modofied disk