Strong, black desktop case

Old April 13th 05, 03:29 PM

Default Strong, black desktop case

I'm looking for a black desktop case that's strong enough to handle a
70 lb. CRT monitor. I would like to keep it as short (vertically) as
possible and am not really concerned about the form factor of the MB.
It will be used as a barebones system to manage our incoming faxes, so
it doesn't require a lot of internal space. Any ideas for a
manufacturer? Thanks.

Old April 13th 05, 05:43 PM
JAD

any fairly recent dell, the ones that have a hinged top are... well the
.....damn things are tanks

ps.com...

Old April 13th 05, 08:21 PM

Do you know what model? Is it the Optiplex line?

Old April 13th 05, 09:41 PM
JAD

yeah I believe so.... mostly black w/ silver trim. You push two round
buttons on the side to flip the top open.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Do you know what model? Is it the Optiplex line?

Old April 13th 05, 10:40 PM
atlas

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:41:30 -0700, "JAD"
wrote:

yeah I believe so.... mostly black w/ silver trim. You push two round
buttons on the side to flip the top open.

....and you have to lift that 70 lb monitor every time you need to get
into it

If you have two equal height cases side by side you could just stack
it on top of them instead.

Old April 14th 05, 12:03 AM

Hopefully I won't be tinkering with it too often. I just don't want to
get a case that's going to be squashed like a bug! Any other case
suggestions?

Old April 14th 05, 11:22 AM

JAD wrote:
yeah I believe so.... mostly black w/ silver trim. You push two

round
buttons on the side to flip the top open.

Ah, we have those at uni. I've seem a massive 21" CRT (I think, it
may've been bigger) on one of them.

Old April 14th 05, 04:08 PM

Thanks for the help!

Old April 15th 05, 09:22 PM
Greyfrog

Optiplex will definitely hold it. Have one. It's a tank, alright.