Off Lease Dell Latitide with 32-bit Win 7 Pro

Old February 25th 17, 01:13 AM posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Boris[_5_]

Default Off Lease Dell Latitide with 32-bit Win 7 Pro

Mike Easter wrote in
:

Boris wrote:
Have any of you any experience with off lease latitudes?

Not exactly. I have experience with shopping and buying
'refurbished'.

First I bought a refurb desktop through WalMart. It turns out to have
been refurbed by a huge outfit in NJ called Joy. It/HP was
shrink-wrapped, smelled like brand new, and was absolutely pristine,
indistinguishable from brand new. The biggest difference from brand
new was that the Win7 installed was completely free of bloatware and
the Win7 Pro 64 disk and license which came with it was specially made
for refurbers and acted like a regular Win7 install disk.

That was such a great deal that I bought another one which was just
like it, with some exceptions about the disk not being included; but I
contacted Joy and they provided me with an .iso in addition to the
restore partition.

So, I was so impressed I continued to shop refurbs including at my
local storefront Fry's. The salespeople there tried to steer me away
from them, saying that the frequency of dogs was terrible and that so
many of the sales were returned for problems.

Those Fry's were described as off-lease Dells. I don't know how it
works with Dell and their off-lease sales and which ones they 'dump'
on such as Fry's. That is, maybe the hierarchy is Dell resale A
cosmetic, Dell resale B cosmetic, Dell dump to big off-lease retailers
like Fry's.

In any case, my Joy refurbs were outstanding; and my reports on Fry's
resale of Dell off-leases was terrible.

Thanks,Mike. You've given me another avenue. (But, never Fry's.)