Damage a case fan by vacuuming air vents from the outside?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 23rd 17, 09:37 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
micky

Default Damage a case fan by vacuuming air vents from the outside?

Can you damage a case fan by vacuuming the air vents from the outside?

(I have a Dell Optiplex 775 with the original fan. )

It seems more than safe to me, but I happened to read the manual for a
Noctua fan and it says not to use a vacuum cleaner or it may apply
"excessive force to the fan". I find that hard to believe. I've pushed
on the vanes of other 3, 4, and 5" fans and they don't bend at all with
the kind of force vacuum cleaners exert. In fact I think they would be
hard to break. Are Noctua fans more fragile than others?