Laptop TV Out Problem - Help!

Old August 29th 03, 01:06 AM
Chris Helps

Default Laptop TV Out Problem - Help!

Hi All

Lately, I have been getting a problem with the TV output from my laptop. I
use it for viewing DVDs and sometimes .avi and .wmv files on TV, and
normally the image on the TV screen sizes itself automatically when I use a
DVD player or Windows Media Player 9 (I use the clone command in the NVidia
Settings window to get my desktop display to the TV, and normally the
display switches to full TV screen when I play back a video or DVD).

At some point the automatic resize-to-TV stopped happening . The first time
this occurred, it happened only with Windows Media Player. I wound up
reinstalling XP, and the problem went away.

Unfortunately, the problem has returned, though this time I get the problem
with PowerDVD as well. I'd really like to find a fix which doesnt involve
reinstalling XP .

My system:
Dell Inspiron 8200, 2.2GHz, 512MB RAM, 40G HD, GeForce 4 Go, Win XP.

Any suggestions? Or any suggestions as to where to go to find help?

Thanks,
Chris

Unusual DVD-rom problem Sizif General 0 July 7th 04 03:25 PM
Problem: A7N8X-VM/400 w/ AGP-NV-DVI & TV-out feature Spiro M. Telegadis Asus Motherboards 3 May 27th 04 10:01 PM
* A7N8X bios/boot problem - Save & Exit death problem ? Jay Bittle Asus Motherboards 1 January 12th 04 08:16 AM
Could this be a PSU problem? Steve Gigabyte Motherboards 0 September 14th 03 08:36 AM
Can't read CD's in HP laptop problem ~Aart Homebuilt PC's 3 July 8th 03 06:55 AM