What type of RAM?

Old July 5th 04, 06:02 PM
Dreamspinner3

Default What type of RAM?

I have a Compaq Presario model 7110US. How do I find out what kind of
RAM is in it? I want to add more RAM to my system. Thanks.
-----
Kim/Dreamspinner3
Visit My Homepage: http://members.tripod.com/dreamspinner3/
Old July 5th 04, 07:08 PM
Chris Stolworthy

"Dreamspinner3" wrote in message
I have a Compaq Presario model 7110US. How do I find out what kind of
RAM is in it? I want to add more RAM to my system. Thanks.
-----
Kim/Dreamspinner3
Visit My Homepage: http://members.tripod.com/dreamspinner3/

www.crucial.com use their ram finder
I do know that it uses 72 pin simms tho, I am not sure what speed ram and
what the maximum amount of ram it will support.

Old July 5th 04, 07:13 PM
Dreamspinner3

Two sticks of memory are currently in there, both 128mb and the max it
will support is 512mb.

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 12:08:56 -0600, "Chris Stolworthy"
wrote:

.. .

Old July 5th 04, 08:21 PM
Pen

You're going to have to open it up, as BOTH HP and Crucial.com
list 32MB x 4 = 128MB as maximums for the 7110 and neither
knows about a 7110US as far as memory goes. They both call for
60ns Fast Page Mode 72 pin SIMMs, which you clearly don't have.
Post back the number of chips, number of pins on the module and
chip ids if you need further help.

Old July 5th 04, 09:01 PM
kony

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 18:13:35 GMT, Dreamspinner3
wrote:

Two sticks of memory are currently in there, both 128mb and the max it
will support is 512mb.

I didn't search for very long, but the info I came across
contradicts this. It appear to have came with PC2100, that it
can support at least 512MB per slot for 1GB total (assuming it
only has two memory slots).

Main question is, are you inclined to upgrade the system anytime
soon, so that any memory you buy might be reusable in next
system, IF you bought high enough spec memory? You could buy a
256MB PC2100 module, or two, but IMHO, you might be better off
buying a name-brand budget grade of PC3200, single 512MB module,
which would likely be viable for use in the next system if bought
within the next year or two. Granted there are no guarantees
that the industry won't have shifted to DDR2 by then, but
certainly DDR(1) components will still be available and PC3200
isn't that much more expensive than PC2100.
Old July 5th 04, 09:06 PM
Pen

That'll teach me to rely on HP for info on their own
computers. Should have done Google like you.
Crucial is also off the mark though.

Old July 5th 04, 09:17 PM
steven67@

Pen wrote:

That'll teach me to rely on HP for info on their own
computers. Should have done Google like you.
Crucial is also off the mark though.

..

Both, HP and Crucial indicate that the Presario 7110US can support two 1GB
184-pin DIMMs, for a total of 2GB.

Crucial's page for the Presario 7110US:
http://www.crucial.com/store/listpar...0US.&submit=Go

TinyURL version of the above Crucial link: http://tinyurl.com/8enb

HP's memory configurator page for the Presario 7110US:
http://h30094.www3.hp.com/memoryconf...s+Model+7110US

TinyURL version of the above HP page: http://tinyurl.com/2fesk