CD & DVD Won't Work

Old August 25th 07, 06:46 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bob Headrick

Default CD & DVD Won't Work

wrote in message
oups.com...
All of a sudden neither my CD nor DVD will work. In device manager
there is a yellow exclamation point and an error message saying that
the driver may be corrupt (error 39). I have tried uninstalling and
reinstalling both drives; updating drivers; opened the case and
checked for loose connections. Nothing helps. Here are the devices I

See
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;314060 also
there was a bit of a discussion on this topic recently in the
microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices newsgroup. (It affects both
XP and Vista).

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Old August 28th 07, 12:25 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

All of a sudden neither my CD nor DVD will work. In device manager
there is a yellow exclamation point and an error message saying that
the driver may be corrupt (error 39). I have tried uninstalling and
reinstalling both drives; updating drivers; opened the case and
checked for loose connections. Nothing helps. Here are the devices I
have:
HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8483B
HL-DT-ST DVDD-ROM GDR8164B

Your help will be appreciated.

Jim

Old August 28th 07, 12:30 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Ivor Jones

wrote in message
oups.com
: : All of a sudden neither my CD nor DVD will work.

Erm.. this is a printer group....

Ivor