HP2605 Power Switch

Old August 21st 07, 08:33 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Rod[_4_]

Default HP2605 Power Switch

Thinking about the 2605, but the only sensible location for it has
limited space and accessibility. So I need to know where the power
switch is. Any kind soul out there willing to tell me?

Funny, you can find out that it works with both XP Home and XP Pro, the
weights of every variant, but not where the flaming power switch is! And
I just don't seem to be able to get my eyes on it in any of the pictures
I have found.

Thanks

--
Rod
Old August 21st 07, 08:44 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony[_2_]

Rod wrote:
Thinking about the 2605, but the only sensible location for it has
limited space and accessibility. So I need to know where the power
switch is. Any kind soul out there willing to tell me?

Funny, you can find out that it works with both XP Home and XP Pro, the
weights of every variant, but not where the flaming power switch is! And
I just don't seem to be able to get my eyes on it in any of the pictures
I have found.

Thanks

--
Rod

Rod
It is on the back cover near the top roughly at the centre. You can reach it by
putting your hand over the top of the printer if you are tall enough otherwise
you need to reach around one side. The user guide may have an image that helps
and that can be downloaded from HP.
Tony
MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Old August 21st 07, 08:51 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Rod[_4_]

Tony wrote:
Rod wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Tony. I did go to HP's site and looked at the printer specs,
etc., but stopped short of the user guide. I have now gone there and
found what you described.

Damn, damn, damn - still looking for a colour laser printer with a power
switch that is easily accessible from the front - or just 'round the
corner' down the side.

--
Rod
Old August 21st 07, 08:53 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Ian D

"Rod" wrote in message
Thinking about the 2605, but the only sensible location for it has limited
space and accessibility. So I need to know where the power switch is. Any
kind soul out there willing to tell me?

Funny, you can find out that it works with both XP Home and XP Pro, the
weights of every variant, but not where the flaming power switch is! And I
just don't seem to be able to get my eyes on it in any of the pictures I
have found.

Thanks

--
Rod

Assuming it's the CLJ2605, the power switch is on the back, upper-right,
below the output tray, next to the power cord connector. On page 8 of
the manual, downloadable in PDF format from HP. The 2605dn is now
on sale in Canada for $399.99 CDN at BestBuy.

ID

Old August 21st 07, 11:21 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Rod[_4_]

Barry Watzman wrote:
You could always put it on a power strip.

Yes - but is that a good way to treat the printer? I'm never sure if it
makes any real difference (assuming I don't switch it off in the middle
of printing) - does it?

--
Rod
Old August 22nd 07, 12:25 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Barry Watzman

If the "power switch" on the printer is a "real" power switch, then a
power strip is no different .... no better, no worse.

However, it's possible that the printer (as many computers) doesn't even
have a "real" power switch (one that actually turns off the power ...
ALL power). In that case, the printer might not like the power strip idea.

Old August 22nd 07, 07:16 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony[_2_]

The power switch on this printer is a real one, it isolates the mains from the
printer and therefore a power strip will do the job admirably.
Tony

Old August 23rd 07, 02:18 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Pat

"Rod" wrote in message
Thinking about the 2605, but the only sensible location for it has limited
space and accessibility. So I need to know where the power switch is. Any
kind soul out there willing to tell me?

I have never turned mine off. It has a sleep mode. The printer plugs into
the network switch and is our default printer for 3 computers. Works great.
I wish all my printers worked that way.