snapvault alert for failed update

Old April 23rd 07, 03:51 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
Raju Mahala

Default snapvault alert for failed update

we have setup snapvault schedules during night for all volumes. There
are 10 primary filers those are snapvaulted during night.
Some time, some of the qtree fails to update so during morning I need
to update those by corresponding snapshot.
Is there any way to get alert mail for failed qtrees either by filer
itself or through DFM.

Thanks for the solution.

- Raju

Old April 23rd 07, 08:21 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
Faeandar

On 23 Apr 2007 07:51:07 -0700, Raju Mahala
wrote:

we have setup snapvault schedules during night for all volumes. There
are 10 primary filers those are snapvaulted during night.
Some time, some of the qtree fails to update so during morning I need
to update those by corresponding snapshot.
Is there any way to get alert mail for failed qtrees either by filer
itself or through DFM.

Thanks for the solution.

- Raju

DFM has the ability to track lag time on vaults and alert based on
those thresholds. It may require a license though, not sure if it's
part of the base install.

Check with your NetApp SE, that would be the best person to answer
that.

~F
Old April 24th 07, 06:34 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
Raju Mahala

DFM has the ability to track lag time on vaults and alert based on
those thresholds. It may require a license though, not sure if it's
part of the base install.

Check with your NetApp SE, that would be the best person to answer
that.

~F

Actually snapvault is not done on daily basis, some volumes on daily
basis and some of the volume on alternate basis. So If I track based
on lag time then then thrashold has to keep more than 50hrs otherwise
lots of alert will come.
I am only interested in qtrees those has failed even other qtrees of
that volume has done. So there is any other way to track for just only
failed during last run.

- Raju

Old April 26th 07, 09:49 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
Sto Rageİ

On Apr 24, 10:34 am, Raju Mahala wrote:
DFM has the ability to track lag time on vaults and alert based on
those thresholds. It may require a license though, not sure if it's
part of the base install.

Check with your NetApp SE, that would be the best person to answer
that.

~F

Actually snapvault is not done on daily basis, some volumes on daily
basis and some of the volume on alternate basis. So If I track based
on lag time then then thrashold has to keep more than 50hrs otherwise
lots of alert will come.
I am only interested in qtrees those has failed even other qtrees of
that volume has done. So there is any other way to track for just only
failed during last run.

- Raju

With DFM you can do that kind of custom lag alerts. In fact we have it
working at our place with different notification thresholds. As
Faeandar mentioned, you do need the additional license to manage
snapvault backups via DFM.
-G