p4c800 deluxe... the exact promise driver

Old January 16th 04, 11:49 PM
cuscus67

Default p4c800 deluxe... the exact promise driver

I'm reposting my previous message for which I got no answer.
Thank you again for your attention

Hi there,

I've read a lot of messages and still have not completely clear which
file I can use to upgrade the promise controller on my board.

If I go in the asus site I found the followng files:

1) 378raid_100137.zip that is explained as : "Promise FastTrak 378
RAID Driver V1.00.1.37 for Windows 98SE/NT4/ME/2000/XP/2003"
2) 378ata_100104528.zip that is explained as : "Promise SATA378
Driver V1.00.0.26 (ATA Mode) "
3) 378ATA100130.zip that is explained as : "Promise FastTrak 378 ATA
Driver V1.00.1.30 "

I want to use my mb with ONLY ONE Hd SATA connected with the Promise
Controller.
I've set in the bios the ide functionality of Promise Controller and
loaded the ata driver provided qith the Asus cd but now in I want to
update I'm a little bit confused with the 3 files, expecially number 2
and 3.
I also am confused because the controller is named as Fast Track but
should be 20378...

Thank you for your help...

Lelio La Fauci
icq 1680211
Old January 17th 04, 06:30 AM
John Tindle

see the thread with the heading:

"p4c800-e deluxe can't load windows"

JT

Old January 17th 04, 06:32 AM
John Tindle

but let me qualify that:

Download the latest driver for the Promise Controller
(not the Intel)

JT

Old January 18th 04, 11:23 AM
Joachim Klein

The P4C800-E DeLuxe is equipped with a Promise PDC 20378 chip. So you can
use any driver suitable for this chip...

Cya -

Joachim

Old January 19th 04, 11:15 PM
cuscus67

il Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:23:48 +0100, "Joachim Klein"
wrote:

The P4C800-E DeLuxe is equipped with a Promise PDC 20378 chip. So you can
use any driver suitable for this chip...

Cya -

Joachim

Thank you for your answer, I would like to say that my board is p4c800
deluxe and NOT p4c800 E deluxe.

Anyway the controller should be Pdc20378 in both cases.

On the asus site there are 3 different files, as specified in my first
message.

1) 378raid_100137.zip that is explained as : "Promise FastTrak 378
RAID Driver V1.00.1.37 for Windows 98SE/NT4/ME/2000/XP/2003"
2) 378ata_100104528.zip that is explained as : "Promise SATA378
Driver V1.00.0.26 (ATA Mode) "
3) 378ATA100130.zip that is explained as : "Promise FastTrak 378 ATA
Driver V1.00.1.30 "

As you can see in the description of the files number 1 and 3 are for
"fast track 378" and numer 2 is for promise Sata 378.
In all the cases something is not perfectly clear.

I want to punctuate that I'm using only one Hd SATA connected to the
promise controller.

At the very first time I installed Xp pro I loaded the driver thru the
F6 procedure.

Now, if I connect the Hd to the promise everything is fine, If I
connect to the intel Sata controller (ICH) everything is fine but in
the Hardware tab I got a yellow mark point near the controller Sata.

Why this happen ? Which driver I have to load apart the one I loaded
with the F6 procedure ?

I hope I have explained my issue.... Thank you for your attention.

Lelio La Fauci
icq 1680211