HDMI cables

Old June 9th 11, 11:00 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
MZB[_2_]

Default HDMI cables

Ok, this is really a follow-up on my TV buying experience.

The "consultant," of course, would like me to buy HDMI cables from Best
Buy. Supposedly they are better quality (he quoted 13.3 something or
other). I know they seem to be twice the price of Sears' cables.

Is there anything I need to know about these cables. I will need two:

One from the Charter HD Cable Box to the TV and the other from a Blue
Ray player to the TV.

Any suggestions on what to look for or what specifications I should require?

Mel
Old June 10th 11, 12:17 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bob Villa

On Jun 9, 5:00*pm, MZB wrote:
Ok, this is really a follow-up on my TV buying experience.

The "consultant," of course, would like me to buy HDMI cables from Best
Buy. Supposedly they are better quality (he quoted 13.3 something or
other). I know they seem to be twice the price of Sears' cables.

Is there anything I need to know about these cables. I will need two:

One from the Charter HD Cable Box to the TV and the other from a Blue
Ray player to the TV.

Any suggestions on what to look for or what specifications I should require?

Mel

I bought gold plated v1.3 6ft HDMI at $8 for 3. And free shipping from
Meritline.com Don't let anyone give you any BS!

Old June 10th 11, 03:38 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 18:00:17 -0400, MZB wrote:

Ok, this is really a follow-up on my TV buying experience.

The "consultant," of course, would like me to buy HDMI cables from Best
Buy. Supposedly they are better quality (he quoted 13.3 something or
other). I know they seem to be twice the price of Sears' cables.

Is there anything I need to know about these cables. I will need two:

One from the Charter HD Cable Box to the TV and the other from a Blue
Ray player to the TV.

Any suggestions on what to look for or what specifications I should require?

Mel

Mel, after you learn all this stuff, don't forget it because when I go
to HDTV and big screen, I'll be asking some of the same questions as
you g. I feel like the last person on earth who hasn't gone big
screen yet even tho I know I'm not.
Old June 10th 11, 03:48 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
MZB[_2_]

On 6/9/2011 7:17 PM, Bob Villa wrote:
On Jun 9, 5:00 pm, wrote:
Ok, this is really a follow-up on my TV buying experience.

The "consultant," of course, would like me to buy HDMI cables from Best
Buy. Supposedly they are better quality (he quoted 13.3 something or
other). I know they seem to be twice the price of Sears' cables.

Is there anything I need to know about these cables. I will need two:

One from the Charter HD Cable Box to the TV and the other from a Blue
Ray player to the TV.

Any suggestions on what to look for or what specifications I should require?

Mel

I bought gold plated v1.3 6ft HDMI at $8 for 3. And free shipping from
Meritline.com Don't let anyone give you any BS!

I am still confused as to what kind to get. Is it male to male?

This looks good and got good reviews. Would these work to connect: 1)
Cable box to TV and 2) Blue-Ray player to TV:

http://www.buy.com/prod/6-foot-hdmi-...204036345.html

Mel
Old June 10th 11, 11:51 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bob Villa

On Jun 9, 5:00 pm, *wrote:
Ok, this is really a follow-up on my TV buying experience.

The "consultant," of course, would like me to buy HDMI cables from Best
Buy. Supposedly they are better quality (he quoted 13.3 something or
other). I know they seem to be twice the price of Sears' cables.

Is there anything I need to know about these cables. I will need two:

One from the Charter HD Cable Box to the TV and the other from a Blue
Ray player to the TV.

Any suggestions on what to look for or what specifications I should require?

Mel

I bought gold plated v1.3 6ft HDMI at $8 for 3. And free shipping from
Meritline.com *Don't let anyone give you any BS!

I am still confused as to what kind to get. Is it male to male?

This looks good and got good reviews. Would these work to connect: *1)
Cable box to TV and 2) Blue-Ray player to TV:

http://www.buy.com/prod/6-foot-hdmi-...old-plate-cabl...

Mel

Yes, although there is no extensive spec to it?
Old June 10th 11, 12:16 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bob Villa

Check the specs here! http://www.meritline.com/3-pcs-of-6-...--p-26865.aspx
Old June 10th 11, 03:03 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
mel

RNR:

You mean you and I are not in the forefront of this??

Bob-- thanks very much. The lack of specs on Buy.com confused me.

Mel

Old June 11th 11, 01:12 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
mm

On Jun 9, 5:00 pm, wrote:
Ok, this is really a follow-up on my TV buying experience.

The "consultant," of course, would like me to buy HDMI cables from Best
Buy. Supposedly they are better quality (he quoted 13.3 something or
other). I know they seem to be twice the price of Sears' cables.

I'll raise your 13.3 and give you 14.4. IF that's not enough, I'll
give you 19.9.

Is there anything I need to know about these cables. I will need two:

One from the Charter HD Cable Box to the TV and the other from a Blue
Ray player to the TV.

Any suggestions on what to look for or what specifications I should require?

Mel

I bought gold plated v1.3 6ft HDMI at $8 for 3. And free shipping from
Meritline.com Don't let anyone give you any BS!

I am still confused as to what kind to get. Is it male to male?

Check with your parent of the same sex as you are.

This looks good and got good reviews. Would these work to connect: 1)
Cable box to TV and 2) Blue-Ray player to TV:

http://www.buy.com/prod/6-foot-hdmi-...204036345.html

Other sites sell the same thing for the same price or less. They
charge more for the cord and less for the shipping.

Personally I would never buy again from buy.com. I bouught a phone
with two cordless extensions and the batteries were no good. The
batteries were listed specifically in their ad but they saied they
didnt' warrant batteries. They said they didn't sell the batteries
separately, but these very batteries were right there on the buy.com
site. Buying the rechargeable batteries elsewhere took time and
money.

Mel

Old June 11th 11, 01:17 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
mm

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 10:03:52 -0400, "mel"
wrote:

RNR:

You mean you and I are not in the forefront of this??

You and R and me. I have 3 19-inch tvs, 3 15-inch tvs, and one
12-inch tv, and no plans to get bigger, even when they offer them free
on freecycle. No good place to put bigger ones, and I find the
current ones big enough.

I do have a 21" monitor, but getting it up the stairs and plugged in
looks very hard. When my 17" monitor breaks, I'll probably switch to
a 15" LED monitor instead, wide if I'm lucky.

Bob-- thanks very much. The lack of specs on Buy.com confused me.

Mel
.. .