Motherboards without the shake and fries

Old August 10th 04, 05:19 PM
Dancing stag

Default Motherboards without the shake and fries

Do ANY manufacturers release motherboards without including lan,
audio, etc, even visual! I thought the all inclusive motherboard went
out when expansion cards first became popular.
I can and will buy a better Sound card than Mr/Miss Manufacturer will
include. And a MUCH better graphics card, lan card.
All I want is a sodding motherboard. THATS ALL!!!

with RAID

But NOTHING ELSE DAMNIT!!!

ahem...

sorry...

I'll calm down now.

Anyone know of anything that fits my requirements? Because I certainly
can't find one.
Old August 11th 04, 06:35 AM
Pandora Xero

Dancing stag wrote:
Do ANY manufacturers release motherboards without including lan,
audio, etc, even visual! I thought the all inclusive motherboard went
out when expansion cards first became popular.
I can and will buy a better Sound card than Mr/Miss Manufacturer will
include. And a MUCH better graphics card, lan card.
All I want is a sodding motherboard. THATS ALL!!!

with RAID

But NOTHING ELSE DAMNIT!!!

ahem...

sorry...

I'll calm down now.

Anyone know of anything that fits my requirements? Because I

certainly
can't find one.

I understand how you feel. I don't think there's ANY motherboards made
anymore that don't include at least one of the aforementioned features.
LAN and Video can be avoided, but i can't think of any brands that have
NO on-board sound. i'm afraid the best you're gonna be able to do is
on-board sound only. most of the time, on-board features can be
disabled in BIOS, like on both of my dead motherboards there was an
option to turn off the on-board sound and LAN (on the one that had
LAN).but some manufacturers ar starting to heat things uhp by including
s/pdif on-board, might be something to look into IMHO

Old August 11th 04, 09:02 AM
James

Buy one that dosn't have graphics onboard.

The rest of the features that come with it you can disable in the
bios, and they will bother you no more.

Onboard 10/100/1000 lan tends to be the same as if you were to get a
PCI card, unless you are gonig to spend lots of money on a top of the
range 3com.