Ext HDD enclosure with a power switch on the front

Old December 3rd 12, 05:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Jim

Default Ext HDD enclosure with a power switch on the front

I'm after an external hard drive enclosure (would prefer it in Black)
that has a power switch on the front rather then having to reach round
the back all the time, I'm looking at some "RaidSonic" stuff right now
but wondering if anyone has any other suggestions, I'm in the UK (for my
sins) if that matters any.

Jim
Old December 3rd 12, 06:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Don Phillipson[_4_]

"Jim" wrote in message
eb.com...

I'm after an external hard drive enclosure (would prefer it in Black) that
has a power switch on the front rather then having to reach round the back
all the time, I'm looking at some "RaidSonic" stuff right now but
wondering if anyone has any other suggestions, I'm in the UK (for my sins)
if that matters any.

Of course it depends where we want to put the external drive, without
too much of a rat's nest of cabling, but some users may simply put it
facing the other way, so as to bring the on/off switch within reach.
(At least, that is what I do.)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Old December 3rd 12, 08:04 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Jim

Hi Don thx for the reply, to be honest it's not for the PC, it's to go
around the TV somewhere to be plugged into a media player.

Jim

eb.com...

Old December 3rd 12, 09:11 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Dec 3, 3:04 pm, Jim wrote:
Hi Don thx for the reply, to be honest it's not for the PC, it's to go
around the TV somewhere to be plugged into a media player.

Got a programmable IR. There's a routine, and it'll assign itself to
a button not used on the remote for the TV unit;- Empty HDTV slot
connection accessible via the remote or something.

115V PIR 115V power strip

I leave everything I want to come on, connected to the power strip,
switched to on, including the BIOS to power up system when power
restored.

Hit the assigned button from across the room and everything comes up.

1x3x.75" WHD and from singapore for about $6US.

It all started when my NEC LCD television receiver would come up,
correctly out of standby, until removed physically from power and then
repowered up.
Old December 3rd 12, 09:13 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Dec 3, 4:11 pm, Flasherly wrote:

It all started when my NEC LCD television receiver would come up,
correctly out of standby, until removed physically from power and then
repowered up.

would NOT come up, ...
Old December 3rd 12, 09:15 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
SC Tom

"Jim" wrote in message
eb.com...
Hi Don thx for the reply, to be honest it's not for the PC, it's to go
around the TV somewhere to be plugged into a media player.

Jim

On 03/12/2012 18:30, Don Phillipson wrote:
wrote in message
eb.com...

I'm after an external hard drive enclosure (would prefer it in Black)
that
has a power switch on the front rather then having to reach round the
back
all the time, I'm looking at some "RaidSonic" stuff right now but
wondering if anyone has any other suggestions, I'm in the UK (for my
sins)
if that matters any.

Of course it depends where we want to put the external drive, without
too much of a rat's nest of cabling, but some users may simply put it
facing the other way, so as to bring the on/off switch within reach.
(At least, that is what I do.)

Here's one on Amazon UK:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Navigator-Drive-Enclosure-External-compatible/dp/B000JK769E/ref=pd_sim_computers_3/279-1325392-9864004

You don't say what type of interfaces (internal and external) that you need,
but there are various types available. I guess it's just a matter of looking
through them to see if there's anything that fits your needs:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/280-8907611-0051529?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=external+hard+drive+case#/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/280-8907611-0051529?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=external+hard+drive+enclosure&rh=i%3Aaps% 2Ck%3Aexternal+hard+drive+enclosure
--
SC Tom

Old December 4th 12, 03:35 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Jim

On 03/12/2012 21:15, SC Tom wrote:

"Jim" wrote in message
eb.com...
Hi Don thx for the reply, to be honest it's not for the PC, it's to go
around the TV somewhere to be plugged into a media player.

Jim

On 03/12/2012 18:30, Don Phillipson wrote:
wrote in message
eb.com...

[...]

Sorry i should have gone into more detail, I need a SATA interface with
USB3 hopefully the ability to take 4TB drives.
Looks like i'm info for some serious looking at Amazon then.