strange behaviour

Old February 11th 04, 11:23 AM
verbvee

Default strange behaviour

I have been trying to access some pics on a certain webpage and have
found a very strange behaviour. I have entered through IE6, Netscape
7.1 and Mozilla 1.6. I am using Sun's java and it is the latest
version. I am using XP home on a Compaq computer. I know the page
works for most because I have contacted many other people who have
succesfully downloaded the site. There are at least 3 other people who
have the same problem as I do. It has been suggested to me that it may
be a wrong setting in XP.
What happens, for me, is I open the page and everything is on the page
except the .jpg images. No empty boxes or anything. It just shows the
text and the hover button on the bottom which goes back to the home
page. It seems to occur in all the browsers even with Norton Internet
Security disabled. I have no other problems with the site. In NS some
of the java buttons don't display correctly but that's it.
I have noticed from time to time that I will click on a link in other
sites and it seems to load but leaves a blank page with "Done" noted
in the bottom status bar.
Any ideas as to what may cause this behaviour?
Below is the page in question.

http://www.grandfunkrailroad.com/tourposters.htm
Old February 11th 04, 12:06 PM
donutbandit

verbvee wrote in

http://www.grandfunkrailroad.com/tourposters.htm

The site displays properly for me in Netscape 7.1 and Firebird 0.7.

You mentioned a bad word in your post - Norton. Norton is invasive and does
not listen to your commands once it has taken hold. It's like a parasite.

If anybody reports computer problems, "Norton" is the first word I look
for. Usually it's the source of the problem.
Old February 11th 04, 02:09 PM
Quaoar

verbvee wrote:
[...]

Run Disk Cleanup to clean out the temporary internet files and all other
temp files as well.

Old February 19th 04, 10:07 PM
GFRfan

Quaoar wrote:
verbvee wrote:

[...]

I ran disc cleanup and cleared all caches and cookies and turned Norton
off before Iwrote these earlier messages.
Interesting and extraordinary thing. I went to that page a couple of
days ago, and lo and behold, it opened correctly in all 3 browsers.
Other people who had problems also reported that it had cleared up for
them and displayed properly now too. The webmaster insists he did not
change anything and I know I didn't change anything. The internet and
computers are the devil's tools I guess. [:^p
Thanks for the comments.

strange behaviour of USB2- memorycard-reader in Windows XP pete General 3 February 3rd 04 05:48 AM
Very strange behaviour. Kevin Lawton General 4 January 8th 04 07:18 PM
Strange behaviour... Shep© General 3 January 8th 04 04:45 AM
strange hard drive behaviour, stop-start gwyn lintern General 4 January 7th 04 10:18 PM
Strange TV behaviour Cassandra Nvidia Videocards 3 October 16th 03 02:37 PM