Anyway to remove "Compaq" logo from bootup sequence?

Old November 8th 03, 12:52 AM
Mike Roll

Default Anyway to remove "Compaq" logo from bootup sequence?

Hi all,

I'm putting together a system with spare parts that I have laying around,
including an OEM version of the FIC AZ31 motherboard. But I don't want to
advertise its Compaq origin.

I did a quick search of Google and found that the Compaq BIOS can't be
reflash to the FIC one. Is there any other way to remove the Compaq logo
during bootup?

Thanks

Old November 8th 03, 09:59 PM
TR

"Mike Roll" schreef in bericht
k.net...
Hi all,

I'm putting together a system with spare parts that I have laying around,
including an OEM version of the FIC AZ31 motherboard. But I don't want to
advertise its Compaq origin.

I did a quick search of Google and found that the Compaq BIOS can't be
reflash to the FIC one. Is there any other way to remove the Compaq logo
during bootup?

Thanks

You could try the following method.
Go to the bios and search for an item about 'POST messages during boot' or
'display POST messages'.
If this item is _enabled_ , you will see some messages instead of the
Compaqlogo during bootup.

Grtz,

TR

Old November 10th 03, 05:45 AM
DEJ57

You could try the following method.
Go to the bios and search for an item about 'POST messages during boot' or
'display POST messages'.
If this item is _enabled_ , you will see some messages instead of the
Compaqlogo during bootup.

Grtz,

One some of the older units this would get rid of what I thought we called the
"splash" screen (blue screen with multiple clip art) but not the intitial red
Compaq on black screen.

Dale

Dale

Old November 11th 03, 05:10 PM
TR

TR wrote:
You could try the following method.
Go to the bios and search for an item about 'POST messages during boot'

or
'display POST messages'.
If this item is _enabled_ , you will see some messages instead of the
Compaqlogo during bootup.

Grtz,

"DEJ57" wrote in
One some of the older units this would get rid of what I thought we called

the
"splash" screen (blue screen with multiple clip art) but not the intitial

red
Compaq on black screen.

Dale

I didn't know about the red logo on a black screen.
I have a Compaq Deskpro EP-series, with a red logo on a white screen.
With the POST-messages enabled, the logo doesn't show up.

Grtz

TR

Old November 11th 03, 10:20 PM
DEJ57

I didn't know about the red logo on a black screen.
I have a Compaq Deskpro EP-series, with a red logo on a white screen.
With the POST-messages enabled, the logo doesn't show up.

Some of the Presarios had initially a red Compaq logo upper right on a black
screen, and then later the blue splash screen. Nothing gets rid of that
initial logo. Sounds like some of the Deskpro series may not have had it....

Dale
Old November 12th 03, 05:54 AM
DEJ57

If the BIOS chip is removeable or flashable, then a
programmer could debug and bypass the logo routine.

I should know better (old enough to have learned that there are always
exceptions to the rule). Should have said there is no reasonable way around
the logo. Yes, with great effort their are several possible ways around it,
but I'm not aware anyone has ever posted here in seven years that they have
done it, although many have asked about it. In theory, if the BIOS is a
removeable chip, you might find a chip or reprogram the chip, or you might find
a chip's manufacturer's BIOS update that would get you around it. And you may
render the PC useless in the process.
I think its fair to say there is no easy or reasonable way around it the
logo...you'd have to dislike Compaq even more than I do to go to all the
trouble and risk.

Dale

Dale

Compaq EN P600 w/i820 chipset upgrade questions Eddie Crismond General 21 November 26th 04 09:17 PM
How do I remove ATI Radeon 9700 logo in the screen savers? [email protected] Ati Videocards 4 September 29th 03 11:00 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 July 20th 03 03:09 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 July 10th 03 08:07 PM
Compaq FAQ Updated HH Compaq Computers 0 June 29th 03 03:58 PM