Basic benchmarking

Old September 4th 03, 07:34 PM
Steve

Default Basic benchmarking

Hi,

What benchmarking utilities would give me a good overview of my computers
performance level and alert me to sub-par operation for the given hardware
configuration?

My system is as follows:

Pentium 4 Processor at 2.8GHz with 800MHz front side bus
1 GB DDR 400MHz SDRAM (2 DIMMs)
128MB DDR ATI Radeon 9800 with TV-Out Video Card
16X DVD-ROM
200 GB EIDE Hard Drive (WD2000JB)
48X CD-RW Drive
56Kbps Data/Fax Modem
Sound Blaster Live! Digital Sound Card

Thanks for the help.
Old September 4th 03, 08:09 PM
Eddie Grant

"Steve" wrote in message
Hi,

What benchmarking utilities would give me a good overview of my computers
performance level and alert me to sub-par operation for the given hardware
configuration?

snip the crap

What does this have to do with Dell/Compaq/Gateway'2000'?

Old September 4th 03, 08:28 PM
Rocket

Get SiSoft Sandra or go to PC Pitstop:
http://www.pcpitstop.com/
--
Rocket

Old September 4th 03, 11:44 PM
the yeti

56Kbps Data/Fax Modem

You have a Modem and not a NIC. Your system sucks. Talk to us when
you get BroadBand.
Old September 5th 03, 12:39 AM
Carolyn Taliaferro

I use pcpitstop to make sure my security is tight on my computer.

"S.Lewis" wrote in message

"Rocket" wrote in message
Get SiSoft Sandra or go to PC Pitstop:
http://www.pcpitstop.com/
--
Rocket

snip

SiSoft Sandra. Get the trial download.

Stew

Old September 5th 03, 10:26 AM
Hank Arnold

Nice attitude.......asshole............. PLONK!

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold
om...

Old September 5th 03, 01:15 PM
Eddie Grant

"the yeti" wrote in message
om...
56Kbps Data/Fax Modem

You have a Modem and not a NIC. Your system sucks. Talk to us when
you get BroadBand.

Let me guess....you're running a 233 on broadband and think that you're
'it'.

Old September 5th 03, 07:56 PM
the yeti

"Eddie Grant" wrote in message ...
"the yeti" wrote in message
om...
56Kbps Data/Fax Modem

You have a Modem and not a NIC. Your system sucks. Talk to us when
you get BroadBand.

Let me guess....you're running a 233 on broadband and think that you're
'it'.

Nope, I, like you was mostly wondering what that had to do with Dell,
Compaq, and Gateway. I do however, have a 233 on my Charter
(cloggged) pipeline, in the bathroom, so I can post in newsgroups
while I ****.

Old September 6th 03, 04:44 AM
lyon_wonder

Some people still don't live in urban areas you know, where the ISPs
are slower to include broadband, which is cheaper than using a
costly-to-instal satelite setup.

Basic benchmarking Steve General 18 September 9th 03 01:04 PM
Basic benchmarking Steve Overclocking 18 September 9th 03 01:04 PM
Basic benchmarking Steve Homebuilt PC's 4 September 6th 03 09:07 PM
Basic benchmarking Steve Asus Motherboards 2 September 5th 03 03:08 AM
A7N8X Deluxe: Poor benchmarking with 3DMark03, SE; I need help! nieuws.quicknet.nl Asus Motherboards 2 July 16th 03 02:51 PM