ot-cd burning software recommends?

Old June 26th 03, 07:54 PM
DEJ57

Default ot-cd burning software recommends?

Not happy with Nero--any other shareware or good but cheap cd burning software
out there that anyone could recommend? Making a lot of coasters with
Nero--hoping to find something else that works better (either that or I have a
mystery problem with my PC and burner. Getting a lot of SCSI/ATAPI command
timeout errors).

Thanks, Dale
Old June 26th 03, 11:22 PM
Deep

I've had great success with Roxio. It is a little pricier though... It helps
that I got it for free!

And yes Dale, before you start on the copyright thing again, it was a legal
CD that was given to me by Roxio. ;-)

Deep

Old June 26th 03, 11:27 PM
HH

Click'n'Burn Pro..... hands down.
HH

"Miss Jo Anne CD" wrote in message
I have had very good luck with Nero..It took me awhile to figure it out

(It
deinitely isn`t the most new user friendly program)..But once I got it

down I
haven`t had any problems

Old June 27th 03, 04:18 AM
HH

Have you tried Click 'n' Burn Pro? I've tried Nero...wasn't impressed. Same
for Roxio, Just Burn, etc. I like NeoDVD 2 Plus for burning DVDs.
HH

"doS" wrote in message
Nothing better than nero.
Make sure you get the latest updates.

Old June 27th 03, 04:57 AM
doS

Nero has far more options.
I try everything that comes along, at least once.

. ..

Old June 27th 03, 05:02 AM
DEJ57

Nothing better than nero.
Make sure you get the latest updates.

Tried to do that--download and upgrade to the most current version--but I get
some type of copying file error and I it won't complete the install. Attempted
to delete the older version and it still won't load. Downloaded from a
different site and it won't load. Now can't install my old version because I
can't find the darn sleeve for the CD with the country mile long key
number...just not my day.

Thanks for all the advice--anyone have a clue why I might be getting a
SCSI/ATAPI command timeout error? I have gotten several burns out of about 30
tries--what usually happens is the burn fails about half to two-thirds
through--showing like 35% on the read buffer, 63% of the burn complete, and 98%
on the read buffer. Been selecting low rates (4, 8 speed--burner claims 32x)
but doesn't seem to help. Should the program and data all be on the same
drive?
WIN95 is on the "C" drive, the data being copied and burned is on a different
drive (a SCSI), and the nero program itself is yet on another drive--would that
challenge the software in moving the data around, resulting in the high read
buffer and the timeout error on the CD? PC is a 800mhz with lots of RAM (slips
my mind just how much--I'll check when I boot next...)

Dale
Old June 27th 03, 05:05 AM
HH

Hmmmm...Don't think so. Did you try both C 'n' B interfaces? It has 2, ya
know. Whatever. It does all I need easily and without coasters, especially
different types of global images.
HH

"doS" wrote in message
Nero has far more options.
I try everything that comes along, at least once.

. ..

Old June 27th 03, 05:11 AM
DEJ57

hi, vcd easy is a real good tool. i'm using version 1.0.8, if
you want it and some info and aspi files i used with ME, i'll post
it in alt.binaries.misc. here is the link to the site.

Seems to be for mostly making VCDs--and I'm looking to simply burn data and
music for the most part. Or does it also do that?

As I'm on AOL trying to download a large file from an NG might not work...

Dale
Old June 27th 03, 06:59 AM
Don Kelloway

le.rogers.com...

"DEJ57" wrote in message
Not happy with Nero--any other shareware or good but cheap cd burning

software
out there that anyone could recommend? Making a lot of coasters with
Nero--hoping to find something else that works better (either that or

have a
mystery problem with my PC and burner. Getting a lot of SCSI/ATAPI

command
timeout errors).

Thanks, Dale

I too have been using Roxio Easy CD Creator for almost two years and it
hasn't given me any problems whatsoever. In fact it works great with my
Compaq Presario 7000 system.
--
Best regards,
Don Kelloway