Lenovo amaze me

Old February 28th 14, 12:31 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Lenovo amaze me

A friend gave me a Lenovo 3000 desktop PC to troubleshoot.
I opened the case and found the mainboard is
GA-G31M-S2L
Eh?
Companies like HP used bespoke mainboards from Foxconn, MSI, ECS or whoever.
One HP I had the mainboard was chip-for-chip the same as a retail MSI
board, just different BIOS. Presumably they did this to stop people
upgrading, and buy a new PC in 18 months.
So Lenovo just use a normal board. Mind you it is not very upgradable
anyway due to the crippled Intel 31 chipset.

Old March 2nd 14, 10:55 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 28/02/2014 3:13 PM, DevilsPGD wrote:
This is one of the things that makes Lenovo awesome: industry standard
parts where applicable, upgradable and user-serviceable parts where
custom parts are needed (laptops, in particular)

This is good to know. Must be why they're now the #1 PC maker.

Yousuf Khan

OT Non-Microsoft programs never cease to amaze me John Doe Homebuilt PC's 0 October 5th 10 02:32 AM
Which laptop to choose: Lenovo ThinkPad R60, Lenovo 3000 N100 orHP Compaq Business Notebook nx9420? Jef Driesen General 1 January 17th 07 07:15 PM
is Lenovo ibm? dave Dell Computers 20 November 13th 06 05:10 PM
Lenovo IBM Thinkpads Synapse Syndrome General 3 January 20th 06 03:49 PM
Lenovo will be using AMD processors in IBM PCs! Yousuf Khan General 7 December 22nd 04 12:42 AM