NewEgg refurbished Sempron 754 question

Old April 14th 06, 01:54 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default NewEgg refurbished Sempron 754 question

NewEgg only sells boxed Sempron 754 processors meaning they come with an AMD
stock fan and heatsink and AMD warranty.

Does anyone know if the REFURBISHED Sempron 754 processors come with the AMD
heatsink & fan? Was the quality OK?

Thanks!

Old April 14th 06, 08:06 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

NewEgg makes no commitment on refurbished items beyond getting the raw item.
(15 day return policy applies, no restocking fee)
I've ordered 7 refurbished motherboards from them and 4 times I just got
only the board in a brown box(Microstar and Asus) and other times I got
original retail boxes and/or manuals and/or accessories (Biostar, Shuttle,
Abit). Soltek gave me the whole enchilada.

I can easily see people returning a perfectly good processor that isn't what
they expected. Too slow, won't work with motherboard, won't overclock. A 15%
restocking fee is charged (30 days return on new items) and the item is
resold by NewEgg. I have no idea if it's tested and fixed first if
necessary.

New motherboards fail more often than processors. Lots of one of the new
Biostar Tforce 939's were faulty and returned.
I would go for a NewEgg refurbished Sempron if it includes the original
fan/heatsink

Thanks

Old April 14th 06, 08:27 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

wrote in message
NewEgg only sells boxed Sempron 754 processors meaning they come with an
AMD stock fan and heatsink and AMD warranty.

Does anyone know if the REFURBISHED Sempron 754 processors come with the
AMD heatsink & fan? Was the quality OK?

Thanks!

How the hell does someone refurbish a CPU ?.

Old April 14th 06, 10:01 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

They don't. NewEgg just takes it back "claimed broke", and
sells it again.

johns

Old April 16th 06, 05:31 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd

On 14 Apr 2006 14:01:49 -0700, "johns"
wrote:

They don't. NewEgg just takes it back "claimed broke", and
sells it again.

johns

The one I was looking at was a retail boxed cpu that "being
refurbished" was going with little or no warranty for a
rather meager discount.

A bad deal if you ask me.

Old April 17th 06, 10:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"beenthere" wrote in message

wrote in message
NewEgg only sells boxed Sempron 754 processors meaning they come with an
AMD stock fan and heatsink and AMD warranty.

Does anyone know if the REFURBISHED Sempron 754 processors come with the
AMD heatsink & fan? Was the quality OK?

Thanks!

How the hell does someone refurbish a CPU ?.

That's what I was wondering. It would be cheaper to refab the thing, but
that would be NEW. -Dave

Old April 20th 06, 06:50 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 21:03:26 GMT, "Dave"
wrote:

"beenthere" wrote in message

wrote in message
NewEgg only sells boxed Sempron 754 processors meaning they come with an
AMD stock fan and heatsink and AMD warranty.

Does anyone know if the REFURBISHED Sempron 754 processors come with the
AMD heatsink & fan? Was the quality OK?

Thanks!

How the hell does someone refurbish a CPU ?.

That's what I was wondering. It would be cheaper to refab the thing, but
that would be NEW. -Dave

Just means someone returned it and NewEgg thinks it works.