New Video Card For Presario 7110US

Old July 19th 05, 03:04 AM
Dreamspinner3

Default New Video Card For Presario 7110US

Any suggestions for a good video card that will work in a Compaq
Presario desktop model 7110US? I'd like to be able to play the Sims
2...that is the extent of my PC gaming.

Thanks.
-----
Kim/Dreamspinner3
Visit My Homepage: http://members.tripod.com/dreamspinner3/

Old July 19th 05, 03:40 PM
dreamspinner3

True, but from what I hear it plays very slowly & on the lowest quality
setting. I want to get a better card for game play. I tried emailing
HP/Compaq to get information as to what video card the MB can take but
just got an unhelpful canned reply.

Old July 20th 05, 01:29 AM
Dreamspinner3

Yes I have & it won't run. It freezes up on the EA logo.

Old July 20th 05, 02:14 AM
HH

Hmmm. Well, the AGP slot won't take an 8X card,but it should take a 4X/2X
card. I would suggest an ATI Radeon card. I've used many in Presarios and
never had any compatibility issues. Crucial has some good prices on new
cards and great prices on some refurbs.

Old July 20th 05, 04:53 AM
David

A Radeon 8500 based card with 128MB or more is a good 4X card for the Sims2.
Better than some of the Radeons that came after it. I put one in my mother's
Presario 5321SR and it runs Sims2 nicely. Sims2 needs hardware T&L. GeForce2
might barely run it on the lowest settings but some features will be
unavailable.

Old July 20th 05, 04:22 PM
dreamspinner3

Will the slot safely take a 4x/8x card? A card like this would just
back down to the 4x setting & wouldn't use all its features, correct?

Old July 30th 05, 11:23 PM
Dreamspinner3

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:14:15 -0400, "HH"
wrote:

Hmmm. Well, the AGP slot won't take an 8X card,but it should take a 4X/2X
card. I would suggest an ATI Radeon card.

What do you think of this card?

http://www.crucial.com/store/PartSpe...9200SE128&cat=
-----