problem with compaq 5000

Old January 25th 04, 06:17 AM
Laurent Parisien

Hi,
I am sorry but i dont have the experience to help you with your problem, but
as i see you have a compaq presario serie 5000
My brother has a compaq presario 5100ca and i am searching for the user
manual , because the mutimedia keyboard buttons dont work .
I dont know if it is a problem of driver or the way to activate the
multimedia buttons but the user manual should mention it
the keyboard is a compaq model sdm4540ul
if you can help me pleae let me know

Thanks in advance
Laurent
"donutbandit" a écrit dans le message de
"Michael Naven" wrote in
:

The computer even froze on me a couple of
times while trying to do the restore so I am guessing the problem
must be hardware related.

I am betting it is merely Windows ME, a very bad operating system.

What would ME have to do with it freezing during a restore?

Post your proof, please. I am sick and tired of know nothing morons

blaming
ME for everything. All you do is parrot what you heard somebody else say.

There is only one thing wrong with ME and that's IE 5.5. Upgrade or get

rid
of it and you have a solid OS.

Old January 25th 04, 01:15 PM
HH

Try he

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/hub_search...&lang=en&cc=us

HH

Old January 26th 04, 04:34 AM
Trai' La Trash

"rxkiller(antispam)" wrote in
message news:2%EHb.851068$pl3.692329@pd7tw3no...
I am working on a compaq 5000 with an AMD K6-II processor in it and I
cannot figure out why it constantly freezes up on me. I have
completely formatted and restored the OS (Win ME) and done a BIOS
(ROMpaq) update. I have run a test on all of the hardware and it
checks out OK using
the Compaq diagnostics, and Burn In Pro. Sometimes the computer
will run for hours without freeezing but sometimes only minutes.
When the computer freezes NOTHING will get it going again aside from
a power re-boot. The computer even froze on me a couple of times
while trying to do the restore so I am guessing the problem must be
hardware related.

This problem is driving me crazy and any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Have you run Windiag? to check the memory? And run a utilities program on
the harddrive.
I have a 5000 here that I just reformatted and put WinME on it and it's ok.
I do recall having a few Compaq's that would do what you are explaining and
it was always those dam Quantum Bigfoot drives that were going bad.

Trai'

Problem: Compaq EVO D310 vs Nvidia Graphics Card. Tomas General 5 November 1st 03 06:39 PM
Compaq 5000T with Quickrestore problem Robert John Compaq Computers 0 October 31st 03 01:57 AM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 October 3rd 03 04:09 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 1 August 7th 03 11:24 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 August 7th 03 04:22 PM