Which inkjet for cheap refillables?

Old June 13th 08, 10:56 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Lou[_2_]

Default Which inkjet for cheap refillables?

"Arthur Entlich" wrote in message
Probably the easiest to refill, if you are looking for dye inks, as
opposed to pigments, is the Canon line. However, with the newer models
you need to turn off the ink monitoring system and be cautious that the
ink levels do not drop to empty, as the head can become damaged should you
try to run it with an empty cartridge.

Otherwise, you can still find a few sources for Epson style refillable
cartridges from some 3rd party dealers.

Art

I haven't taken the plunge yet but I've been watching the feedback on a
couple of Canon chip resetters that they are selling on EBAY. One comes
from China and the other from Germany. The one from Germany has great
feedback but I haven't seen any U.S. buyers yet and the one from China has
hardly any feedback. I really don't want to void my warranty by disabling
the ink monitor so I'm using the printer minimally until I decide what to
do. I've been refilling the BCI-6 cartridges for years and so far I have
not had clogging issues.

Old June 13th 08, 11:02 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

fredk wrote:

On Jun 13, 12:14 pm, measekite wrote:

There is no good ink and what there is causes trouble.

I just wrote the above statement

Just read the posts for a while. Arthur Entlich wrote:Probably the easiest to refill, if you are looking for dye inks, as opposed to pigments, is the Canon line.  However, with the newer models you need to turn off the ink monitoring system and be cautious that the ink levels do not drop to empty, as the head can become damaged should you try to run it with an empty cartridge. Otherwise, you can still find a few sources for Epson style refillable cartridges from some 3rd party dealers. Art If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,   I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:
http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/ dexx wrote:Which of the currently available colour inkjets have good fast output, yet can take ink cart refills or cheap third party cartridges?

All of the Canon printers that use single color cartridges such as BCI-6, CLI-8 and PGI-5 cartridges are good choices and they are easy to refill. A reasonably priced reset device is now available for the CLI-8 and PGI-5 cartridges is now available. I can also supply excellent bulk inks for the Canon printers. If you are interested in details you can contact me at:

And the last paragraph is from a spammer.
Old June 13th 08, 11:04 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Lou wrote:

"Arthur Entlich" wrote in message news:5du4k.28951$gc5.26717@pd7urf2no...

Probably the easiest to refill, if you are looking for dye inks, as opposed to pigments, is the Canon line. However, with the newer models you need to turn off the ink monitoring system and be cautious that the ink levels do not drop to empty, as the head can become damaged should you try to run it with an empty cartridge. Otherwise, you can still find a few sources for Epson style refillable cartridges from some 3rd party dealers. Art

I haven't taken the plunge yet but I've been watching the feedback on a couple of Canon chip resetters that they are selling on EBAY. One comes from China and the other from Germany. The one from Germany has great feedback but I haven't seen any U.S. buyers yet and the one from China has hardly any feedback.

Maybe the feedback is censored.

I would not mess with any of that crap.

I really don't want to void my warranty by disabling the ink monitor

That certainly could happen.

so I'm using the printer minimally until I decide what to do.

If you want the best quality with the least risk of fading and the best out of the printhead then use Canon ink.

I've been refilling the BCI-6 cartridges for years and so far I have not had clogging issues.

Old June 14th 08, 12:53 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Michael Johnson

Is he sniffing around my ass again?
Old June 14th 08, 05:18 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

A reasonably priced reset device is now available for the
CLI-8 and PGI-5 cartridges is now available.

Ebay keyword "Canon Chip-Resetter for MP810, MP800,
MP610,MP600,MP530".

Here's a link that will expire in 3 days.......

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...P600%2CMP5 30
Old June 14th 08, 08:58 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Alt Beer[_2_]

wrote in message

A reasonably priced reset device is now available for the
CLI-8 and PGI-5 cartridges is now available.

Ebay keyword "Canon Chip-Resetter for MP810, MP800,
MP610,MP600,MP530".

Here's a link that will expire in 3 days.......

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...P600%2CMP5 30

Or a few more hits with this search pgi-5* cli-8* resetter

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/sear...=32%26fsoo%3D2

Old June 14th 08, 04:41 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

With all the new resetters it means Canon is back in the refill
game....GREAT. Canon makes the easiest cartridges to refill and now
they are resettable. Thank you CANON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111
Old June 15th 08, 11:49 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

Not sure I would thank Canon for it... the German company that cracked
the reset code should probably be thanked. Of course, Canon may come up
with some new methods of getting around that with the next line of printers.

Epson is now making cartridges and printers that burn out the chip at a
certain point. It seems they will go to no end in the lengths of
skulduggery to try to befuddle ink refilling.

Old June 15th 08, 05:22 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Arthur Entlich wrote:
Not sure I would thank Canon for it..

I do not think Canon even knows who you are or cares.
. the German company that cracked the reset code should probably be
thanked. Of course, Canon may come up with some new methods of
getting around that with the next line of printers.

Epson is now making cartridges and printers that burn out the chip at
a certain point.

That is welcome news.
It seems they will go to no end in the lengths of skulduggery to try
to befuddle ink refilling.

Why should they. They want to make money selling their overpriced ink
and they have a right to do so.

Old July 7th 08, 07:04 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
OpaPiloot[_2_]

dexx wrote:

Which of the currently available colour inkjets have good fast output,
yet can take ink cart refills or cheap third party cartridges?

Canon printers using CLI-8 chipped cartridges; since a month or so
inexpensive chip resetters are available and refilling via the "German
Method" is a snap. Also various 3th party cart's with or without chips
are available.
Results may vary, the OEM cat's are best but the cheap alternatives may
be completely statisfactory.

--
Veel plezier
Have fun