Canon chip resetter

Old June 14th 08, 04:11 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Lou[_2_]

Default Canon chip resetter

I've been watching this newsgroup to see if there was any discussion on
Canon Chip resetters.

Measekite don't bother to post an opinion as I'm not interested. Try buying
8 cartridges at about $13-$15 a cartridge. Refilling is a necessity and not
an option. I do a lot of volunteer printing projects for a local church and
I can't afford to buy OEM. Archival is not important. My own photos I can
reprint if they fade. I'm generally tired of them by then anyway and they
do last a long time behind a frame.

From what I can find on the Pro9000 and chip resetter, it is a maybe. I
questioned the German seller on EBAY and he said it would work, but the
Chinese seller posts on his site that it is updating on that model. I'd
rather buy American but can't find a seller yet. I already have bought
Hobbi Colors ink for the printer and have an extra set of OEM cartridges on
hand too. I'm ready to buy a chip resetter if I can get some opinions.

Any actual experience?

Thanks

Old June 14th 08, 05:15 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Jun 13, 8:11 pm, "Lou" wrote:
I've been watching this newsgroup to see if there was any discussion on
Canon Chip resetters.

Measekite don't bother to post an opinion as I'm not interested. Try buying
8 cartridges at about $13-$15 a cartridge. Refilling is a necessity and not
an option. I do a lot of volunteer printing projects for a local church and
I can't afford to buy OEM. Archival is not important. My own photos I can
reprint if they fade. I'm generally tired of them by then anyway and they
do last a long time behind a frame.

From what I can find on the Pro9000 and chip resetter, it is a maybe. I
questioned the German seller on EBAY and he said it would work, but the
Chinese seller posts on his site that it is updating on that model. I'd
rather buy American but can't find a seller yet. I already have bought
Hobbi Colors ink for the printer and have an extra set of OEM cartridges on
hand too. I'm ready to buy a chip resetter if I can get some opinions.

Any actual experience?

Thanks

Ebay keyword "Canon Chip-Resetter for MP810, MP800, MP610,MP600,MP530"

Here's a link that will expire in 3 days.......

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...P600%2CMP5 30
Old June 14th 08, 12:54 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Lou[_2_]

wrote in message
On Jun 13, 8:11 pm, "Lou" wrote:
I've been watching this newsgroup to see if there was any discussion on
Canon Chip resetters.

Measekite don't bother to post an opinion as I'm not interested. Try
buying
8 cartridges at about $13-$15 a cartridge. Refilling is a necessity and
not
an option. I do a lot of volunteer printing projects for a local church
and
I can't afford to buy OEM. Archival is not important. My own photos I
can
reprint if they fade. I'm generally tired of them by then anyway and
they
do last a long time behind a frame.

From what I can find on the Pro9000 and chip resetter, it is a maybe. I
questioned the German seller on EBAY and he said it would work, but the
Chinese seller posts on his site that it is updating on that model. I'd
rather buy American but can't find a seller yet. I already have bought
Hobbi Colors ink for the printer and have an extra set of OEM cartridges
on
hand too. I'm ready to buy a chip resetter if I can get some opinions.

Any actual experience?

Thanks

Ebay keyword "Canon Chip-Resetter for MP810, MP800, MP610,MP600,MP530"

Here's a link that will expire in 3 days.......

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...P600%2CMP5 30

I contacted this seller and he says it works on Pro9000 but the other seller
seems to be "iffy" on the 9000. I was looking for some users who had
actually used a chip resetter on my exact model.

I want to order from the U.S. if possible, less chance of damage in transit
especially as there appears to be ink included.

Old June 14th 08, 03:12 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Ron in NY

I just bought the chip resetter on Ebay from the German company. It arrived in
about a week with no problems--ink bottles intact and not leaking. The resetter
is a stand alone, self contained unit that requires no connection to the
printer, as does the Chinese unit. You just slide the cartridge down the track
to contact the 4 pins, and in less than 5 seconds, you're all reset. It works
very well. I use this on an MP-830, which uses the CLI 8 & PGI 5 cartridges. I
would assume that this resetter will work on any CLI 8 & PGI 5 cartridge,
regardless of which printer it is going into. The Chinese unit, being that it
connects to the printer, evidently has to be compatible with each & every
printer it connects to.

RON
Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.
Old June 14th 08, 03:18 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Lou[_2_]

"Ron in NY" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you so much for that answer. It makes perfect sense now. I couldn't
understand why one seller is saying definitely it will work. As soon as I
post this I am going to order one. I see the Chinese seller isn't offering
one for sale anymore anyway.

Old June 15th 08, 03:37 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Lou wrote:
I've been watching this newsgroup to see if there was any discussion on
Canon Chip resetters.

Measekite don't bother to post an opinion as I'm not interested. Try buying
8 cartridges at about $13-$15 a cartridge. Refilling is a necessity

Only if you want to spead less money and accept a lower quality with an
increased risk of fading and a potential to ruin your printer if you do
not print a heavy print load.
and not
an option. I do a lot of volunteer printing projects for a local church

I see
and
I can't afford to buy OEM.

Maybe you cannot afford to print so much.
Archival is not important. My own photos I can
reprint if they fade. I'm generally tired of them by then anyway

Maybe they are just snapshots and you do not really care about them.
and they
do last a long time behind a frame.

From what I can find on the Pro9000 and chip resetter, it is a maybe. I
questioned the German seller on EBAY and he said it would work, but the
Chinese seller

Talk to the guy at the dog cemetary.

Old June 15th 08, 01:08 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Lou[_2_]

Maybe you cannot afford to print so much.

Did you read the word volunteer or do you not know what that means? I don't
think God or my friends care where I buy my ink? The Bible says we are to
be good stewards of our money.

Maybe they are just snapshots and you do not really care about them.

And maybe I have won some photo contests and had some pictures published
that were printed and submitted with your so-called inferior quality after
market ink. Paper and printer settings affect quality too.

When I read the posts between you and Frank I wondered why he bothered to
respond to you so much. I'm only answering your insults once but I
certainly can understand where Frank is coming from. Maybe you need to do
some volunteer work and spend less time on this newsgroup picking apart
other people's posts.

And I ordered the chip-resetter yesterday. I'm looking forward to being
able to use the 9000 just as much as I want.

Old June 15th 08, 03:01 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
John Chapman

Lou wrote:
[...]

Very well put.
Amen to all that.

I can only conclude that measekite must be no less than one of those
"foolish virgins" that we read about in the bible.
Old June 15th 08, 05:29 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Lou wrote:

Maybe you cannot afford to print so much.

Did you read the word volunteer or do you not know what that means? I don't think God or my friends care where I buy my ink? The Bible says we are to be good stewards of our money.

The bible is a book written by a bunch of people who wanted to make money and control the minds of others.  They succeeded beyond their dreams.  Besides nobody knows if all of that purported stuff really happened or happened the way acclaimed.

Maybe they are just snapshots and you do not really care about them.

And maybe I have won some photo contests and had some pictures published that were printed and submitted with your so-called inferior quality after market ink.

I doubt it.  When entering a photo contest one usually send them in electronically and if they do print nobody looks at them for color accuracy.

Paper and printer settings affect quality too. When I read the posts between you and Frank I wondered why he bothered to respond to you so much.

hehehe...LOL! is a moron.  See the Windows Vista group and you really get a chance to see him in action.

I'm only answering your insults once but I certainly can understand where Frank is coming from.

Report back after you read the Windows Vista ng for a while.

Maybe you need to do some volunteer work and spend less time on this newsgroup picking apart other people's posts. And I ordered the chip-resetter yesterday. I'm looking forward to being able to use the 9000 just as much as I want.

That is your business.  If you do not print a lot maybe you should also buy a spare printhead.

Old June 15th 08, 05:32 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

John Chapman wrote:
Lou wrote:
[...]

There is no and never was virgins in the bible. It is a figment of
somebody's imagination. But you are free to believe what you choose.