Found AIO with same print head as Canon IP4000 for $155.00 shipped

Old June 7th 08, 07:57 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default Found AIO with same print head as Canon IP4000 for $155.00 shipped

I'm still searching to buy a Canon IP4000. However, I did find a new
Canon MP780 for $155.00 shipped from a retailer on the internet. I
notice that the MP780 uses the same print head as the Canon IP4000.
Are the print quality of these 2 units the same....since they use the
same print head?
Old June 8th 08, 05:45 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
DanG

wrote in message
I'm still searching to buy a Canon IP4000. However, I did find a new
Canon MP780 for $155.00 shipped from a retailer on the internet. I
notice that the MP780 uses the same print head as the Canon IP4000.
Are the print quality of these 2 units the same....since they use the
same print head?

If they use the same inks, then they have the same print engine, but not
necessarily the same head. They'll be close though. It also uses the same CD
tray as the IP4000 and IP5000. One way to spot differences in the head is
the speed ratings, pages per minute. In any case, you'd be happy with the
780, quality wise. The only differences in the heads, if any, would be in
the number of nozzles.

Old June 8th 08, 09:33 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Jun 8, 9:45 am, "DanG" wrote:
wrote in message

I'm still searching to buy a Canon IP4000. However, I did find a new
Canon MP780 for $155.00 shipped from a retailer on the internet. I
notice that the MP780 uses the same print head as the Canon IP4000.
Are the print quality of these 2 units the same....since they use the
same print head?

If they use the same inks, then they have the same print engine, but not
necessarily the same head. They'll be close though. It also uses the same CD
tray as the IP4000 and IP5000. One way to spot differences in the head is
the speed ratings, pages per minute. In any case, you'd be happy with the
780, quality wise. The only differences in the heads, if any, would be in
the number of nozzles.

Dan G,
I was checking the price of a new print head for the IP4000 on ebay.
That was how I found out it uses the exact same print head as the
i860, MP780 and MP760. (BTW the head is $48.00 shipped.) Then I
started l looking for a new MP780; which cost over $400 on
amazon.com. Then I came across this other internet website that sold
brand new ones for $155.00 shipped.

So that being said, is it safe to say the quality of the photos should
be the same. A new IP4000 cost $300.00 on ebay. i860 and MP760 only
have used ones.

p.s. On a previous post that I delete already, I incorrectly wrote
IP5000.
Old June 9th 08, 12:09 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

wrote:

On Jun 8, 9:45 am, "DanG"
wrote:

wrote in message news:0fe1409a-ad00-4956-ab83-a67e03f...oglegroups.com...

[...]

That is only for the biggest of the most stupid suckers.  You can get a brand new (on sale) IP4500 for less than a third of the price.  Today Dells price is $90 after rebate.  The ink is more fade resistant and the printer is faster.  Unfortunately the carts are a couple of dollars more.

i860

This takes a bigger sucker

and MP760

and here they get to sell you a scanner that you may not need and is not as good as Epson.

only have used ones. p.s. On a previous post that I delete already, I incorrectly wrote IP5000.

Old June 9th 08, 04:17 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
DanG

wrote in message
Dan G,
I was checking the price of a new print head for the IP4000 on ebay.
That was how I found out it uses the exact same print head as the
i860, MP780 and MP760. (BTW the head is $48.00 shipped.) Then I
started l looking for a new MP780; which cost over $400 on
amazon.com. Then I came across this other internet website that sold
brand new ones for $155.00 shipped.

So that being said, is it safe to say the quality of the photos should
be the same. A new IP4000 cost $300.00 on ebay. i860 and MP760 only
have used ones.

p.s. On a previous post that I delete already, I incorrectly wrote
IP5000.

I wouldn't say you are ever "safe" buying deals that are too good to be
true. Many online sellers list these printers, but don't actually have them
in stock. Ever heard of bait and switch? BTW, you can buy a print head from
an authorized Canon service center for just a few dollars more than the
online prices. But heads aren't the only thing that goes bad.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with buying one of these older units, unless I
planned to do a very large volume of printing that demands refilling or
compatible tanks. I wouldn't say that the quality of these older units'
output will be the same as a newer unit, but they will be equally good
compared to each other. You might also look for an older MX unit, as they
have the same print engine too, just also have things like networking and
document feeders. Do please keep in mind that for the extra money you will
spend on this project, you can buy a lot of ink for a $50 IP4500.

Old June 10th 08, 05:29 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Jun 8, 8:17 pm, "DanG" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

You are right. I check the website again and the price went up to
$175.00 shipped. Then I checked the following day and it's back down
to $155.00 shipped. I think I will just wait for now.

thanks,
stan
Old June 10th 08, 05:32 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

That is only for the biggest of the most stupid suckers.
You can get a brand new (on sale) IP4500 for less than a third of the
price. Today Dells price is $90 after rebate. The ink is more fade
resistant and the printer is faster.

Measkite,

You are right. Now my plan is an ip4500 and probably purchase the
CISS off ebay for this printer for $60.00.
Old June 10th 08, 05:35 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

just in case somebody wants the Canon MP780 for $155.00 shipped the
website is....

http://digitalelectronics4less.com/printer_canon_mp780

However, you are risking bait and switch. They might give you the
newer model that has chipped cartridge. Call them first

Old June 10th 08, 06:40 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

wrote:
just in case somebody wants the Canon MP780 for $155.00 shipped the
website is....

http://digitalelectronics4less.com/printer_canon_mp780

However, you are risking bait and switch. They might give you the
newer model that has chipped cartridge.

You should hope that will happen. A newer model for the same price is a
good deal.
Call them first