make a CD-RW audio Y cable?

Old January 19th 04, 08:01 PM

Default make a CD-RW audio Y cable?

I want to have 2 CD-RWs playable ( not at the same time though). I
have one CD audio connector on mobo. It also has an AUX audio
connector I want for DVD player audio. Can I just make a Y cable from
2 CD-RW audio cables?
Old January 20th 04, 12:16 AM
BudMan

Most sound cards and mb's with onboard sound have two or three input
connectors. One each for CD, AUX, and sometimes TAD. When I build with two
drives I plug one into CD and the other into AUX. Works fine with no custom
cables to mess with.

Old January 20th 04, 12:41 AM
tomcas

Yes you can make one but it cannot simply be a parallel connection. It must
have built-in protection against signal feedback or else you may damage you
drives. It's easier to just buy one.
http://www.cablesnmor.com/dual-cdrom-audio-cable.html

Old January 20th 04, 03:44 AM

I kinda suspected something like that, but I didn't realize I don't
need them at all. I can get audio thru IDE. I didn't know that. Live
and learn! Thanks for the info.
On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 00:41:38 GMT, "tomcas"
wrote:

Yes you can make one but it cannot simply be a parallel connection. It must
have built-in protection against signal feedback or else you may damage you
drives. It's easier to just buy one.
http://www.cablesnmor.com/dual-cdrom-audio-cable.html

.. .

Old January 20th 04, 05:55 PM
Matter of contention

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:44:06 -0500, wrote:

|I kinda suspected something like that, but I didn't realize I don't
|need them at all. I can get audio thru IDE. I didn't know that. Live
|and learn! Thanks for the info.

Just by checking the "Enable digital CD audio" box via device
manager. 9-)

wrote:

|Yes you can make one but it cannot simply be a parallel connection. It must
|have built-in protection against signal feedback or else you may damage you
|drives. It's easier to just buy one.

http://www.cablesnmor.com/dual-cdrom-audio-cable.html

. ..