Cheapest Radeon pack with HalfLife 2 voucher.

Old December 21st 03, 06:53 PM
Andrew Bell

Default Cheapest Radeon pack with HalfLife 2 voucher.

In , Zapp
Brannigan ) said:
Anyone know what the cheapest Radeon retail box with a
Halflife 2 voucher is?

Thanks.

IIRC the only two that did it were the 9800XT and the 9600XT, coming in
at about £380 and £160 respectively.

--
Andrew
The above address IS valid but will go straight to my

Old December 21st 03, 08:30 PM
RichardH

Personally I wouldn't bother.

I just purchased an ATI Raedon 256mb DDR 9600 for £84 delivered at
komplett.co.uk
Beats all other prices... most other companies have em at £110+delivery

I doubt this one comes with HL2 but it does come with some game, guess I
will find out what when I get it

Old December 21st 03, 11:54 PM
Netman ®

RichardH wrote:
Personally I wouldn't bother.

I just purchased an ATI Raedon 256mb DDR 9600 for £84 delivered at
komplett.co.uk
Beats all other prices... most other companies have em at
£110+delivery

I doubt this one comes with HL2 but it does come with some game,
guess I will find out what when I get it

Out of interest, which one did you purchase?

Ste
--
[email: remove the SPAMTRAP]

Old December 22nd 03, 10:32 AM
methylenedioxy

"RichardH" wrote in message
Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis 256MB DDR for £81.08

Really bad card. Should have bought the pro.
The cheapest with the voucher for the non-existent game HL2 is the 9600XT,
this comes in at around £138 inc vat if you look around (aria, ebuyer
etc).......

Old December 22nd 03, 10:35 AM
RichardH

I checked performance over the pro and with the £30 difference this card
worked out WAY better for money ...

Old December 22nd 03, 04:31 PM
[neil]

Got a Radeon 9600XT from www.cclcomputers.co.uk for £121 (incl vat)...

Lovely fast card. dx9 shaders rule!

I have a shiny new Half Life 2 key now :-)

Time to fire steam up... you get all their previous versions of Half Life,
TF, CS etc for free until HL2 is released.

[neil]

Old December 22nd 03, 05:41 PM
RichardH

seeing that you get HL2 free I am very tempted to sell this card when it
arrives on ebay and buy one of these, lol...

Old December 23rd 03, 02:45 AM
Max Longman

"RichardH" wrote in message
seeing that you get HL2 free I am very tempted to sell this card when it
arrives on ebay and buy one of these, lol...

You don't get the game free as in a CD&box, you download it as you play so you'll
need a fast connection. Check out alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati . Also it's
only the Single player game, you don't get the multi-player key and game.

Old December 23rd 03, 12:50 PM
RichardH

you dont get Multiplayer? thats all I want it for

I have a 1mbit connection at home so downloading aint a problem ...