Scan Computers very poor service

Old December 13th 03, 04:20 PM
Pete Evans

Default Scan Computers very poor service

Just wanted to alert people here to yet more poor service from Scan
Computers

They may seem to have a lot of bargains but my experience of them is very
bad.

They refuse to refund any carriage in either direction when faulty goods are
returned. Their terms and conditions allow for a refund but they still
refuse. This is not legal and I am following this up with the Office of Fair
Trading and Trading Standards. In any case, if the the terms and conditions
from any company attempted to get out of refunding carriage when the goods
are faulty, then they would be in breach of the 1999 Consumer Protection Act
section 1b.

They seem not to care at all about retaining customers. So I recommend that
we all do what they seem to want and shop elsewhere. Too big a risk to buy
from them.

My experience with other online retailers has been fine (eg DABS, Simply,
Novattech etc.)

Old December 13th 03, 06:23 PM
oit

I agree, do not do business with them

Old December 15th 03, 03:48 PM
Mart Rhodes

I have to agree, after over two years trading with Scan, I've had
enough of being fobbed off with excuses over delays and out of stock
equipment!
Time to find a new supplier