Nero Express??

Old January 29th 04, 06:00 PM
chuck

Default Nero Express??

I've been looking for a newer CD-RW lately, and I've
seen several that include Nero Express software. Is
this a cut-down, budget version of Nero Burning ROM?
(I currently use Nero 5.) Or is this just a
user-antagonistic front end to Nero Burning ROM 6??

thanks,

chuck

Old January 29th 04, 11:35 PM
D F Bonnett

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 18:00:58 GMT, chuck
wrote:

I've been looking for a newer CD-RW lately, and I've
seen several that include Nero Express software. Is
this a cut-down, budget version of Nero Burning ROM?
(I currently use Nero 5.) Or is this just a
user-antagonistic front end to Nero Burning ROM 6??

thanks,

chuck

The Express works fine for me. I only burn MP3 disks and a few wav
disks. Don't do video or other things. So far no coasters. I actually
like it better than regular Nero for my purposes.
YMMV
Old January 30th 04, 12:36 AM
chuck

Yeah But !!!

What izzit? Is it a new software product? Or izzit
a new interface to a "works great" old software product?
Just want clarification.

Old January 30th 04, 01:16 AM
Eric McG

If you happen to have an early version of Nero 5.5, it can be updated to =
5.5.10.54, which contains Nero Express (you can toggle between it and =
Burning ROM). If you only have Nero 5, you're out of luck, but here's a =
review of Nero Express that will also show you what it looks like:

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Arti...eHeadline=3DN=
ero%20Express&Series=3D0

--=20
Hope this helps..Reply in newsgroup only.
Eric McGillicudy

"chuck" wrote in message =
Yeah But !!!
=20
D F Bonnett wrote:
On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 18:00:58 GMT, chuck
wrote:
=20
=20

Old January 30th 04, 01:25 AM
Dan G

It actually IS Nero, only with a locked serial that limits you to the
Express GUI.

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Arti...ess&Series =0

Old January 30th 04, 02:29 AM
chuck

I've now got 5.5.10.50, which has NO express.

Question is: If I buy a new drive, do I want the new
Express software? Or am I better off with the old
Burning ROM 5.5.10.50 that I already have??

chuck

Old January 30th 04, 02:42 AM
Dan G

If you have 5.5.10.54, then you should have Express. You access it from the
programs menu, or from Nero itself on the toolbar.

Old January 30th 04, 12:20 PM
Eric McG

The software review I previously mentioned, should give you a good feel =
for what Nero Express is like.

I suggest updating to 5.5.10.54 and see if you like using Nero Express.

Even if you still can't access Nero Express after updating, you could =
still buy and install your new drive and see if 5.5.10.54 recognizes it. =
If so, you're in business, there's no need to install the software that =
came with the drive.

=

Old January 30th 04, 02:47 PM
chuck

Thanks all! From the news article, I'm assuming that Nero
Express is just a lightened front end, but that you do get
the entire Nero Burning ROM as well. (Express seems like just
an updated Nero Wizard, really.)

thanks again,

chuck

Old January 30th 04, 04:28 PM
Robert B. Clark

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:47:06 GMT, chuck
wrote:

Thanks all! From the news article, I'm assuming that Nero
Express is just a lightened front end, but that you do get
the entire Nero Burning ROM as well. (Express seems like just
an updated Nero Wizard, really.)

On drives I've bought in the past several months, only Nero Express was
included. The full Nero product was NOT.

You say that you already have 5.5.10.50. You should be able to upgrade to
a newer version that includes Nero Express. Really, though, I much prefer
the full Nero product--much more flexible.

--
Robert B. Clark (email ROT13'ed)
Visit ClarkWehyr Enterprises On-Line at http://www.3clarks.com/ClarkWehyr/

NERO Express -- Novice Q David Rafky Cdr 2 October 12th 03 11:02 PM
Nero Express Colin Bearfield Cdr 1 October 12th 03 02:13 AM
Nero Express Problem Elysium Fossa Cdr 5 September 20th 03 06:24 PM
nero would only start in nero express... mark24951 Cdr 1 July 29th 03 04:45 AM
Should I get a CD Burner that comes with Nero or Nero Express? TommyDale Cdr 14 July 21st 03 12:14 AM