Are the "open 24 hours" stores closing later today (Monday)?

Old April 17th 06, 05:33 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

Default Are the "open 24 hours" stores closing later today (Monday)?

On 15 Apr 2006, wrote:

ISTR that Xmas and Easter were the two days when large shops had
to close. Is this true?

However Tesco says it will open between 6 am and midnight on
Easter. Is this a typo? Must be? http://tinyurl.com/f9zb7

M&S is normally open on a Sunday but will be closed on Easter
day. http://tinyurl.com/z9yyv

I am the OP and if I went and read all the posts in this thread then
I would never get out of the house!

Anyway events have overtaken us and the question has moved on.

Now I need to ask: are the usual big "open 24 hours" stores like
Tesco closing later today (Monday) or will they now remain open
through the week?
Old April 17th 06, 05:44 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 17:33:40 +0100, Andy wrote:

On 15 Apr 2006, wrote:

ISTR that Xmas and Easter were the two days when large shops had
to close. Is this true?

However Tesco says it will open between 6 am and midnight on
Easter. Is this a typo? Must be? http://tinyurl.com/f9zb7

M&S is normally open on a Sunday but will be closed on Easter
day. http://tinyurl.com/z9yyv

I am the OP and if I went and read all the posts in this thread then
I would never get out of the house!

Anyway events have overtaken us and the question has moved on.

Now I need to ask: are the usual big "open 24 hours" stores like
Tesco closing later today (Monday) or will they now remain open
through the week?

See the trouble you caused the last time.lol...249 replies give or take 1 or 2

Stuart
Old April 17th 06, 05:46 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 17:33:40 +0100 Andy wrote :
Now I need to ask: are the usual big "open 24 hours" stores like
Tesco closing later today (Monday) or will they now remain open
through the week?

Tesco Feltham, Dukes Green is open 9-6 today instead of their usual
24 hours. No money to be made by opening longer.

Free SEDBUK boiler database browser
http://www.sda.co.uk/qsedbuk.htm
[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.12 released 8 Dec 2005]

Old April 17th 06, 05:51 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

Andy wrote:
On 15 Apr 2006, wrote:

ISTR that Xmas and Easter were the two days when large shops had
to close. Is this true?

However Tesco says it will open between 6 am and midnight on
Easter. Is this a typo? Must be? http://tinyurl.com/f9zb7

M&S is normally open on a Sunday but will be closed on Easter
day. http://tinyurl.com/z9yyv

I am the OP and if I went and read all the posts in this thread then
I would never get out of the house!

Anyway events have overtaken us and the question has moved on.

Now I need to ask: are the usual big "open 24 hours" stores like
Tesco closing later today (Monday) or will they now remain open
through the week?

Argh, and this time you didn't even mark the off-topic cross-post as such!
Old April 17th 06, 05:58 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

"Stuart" wrote in
message

[snip]

See the trouble you caused the last time.lol...249
replies give or take 1 or 2 ...

Stuart

Will someone please (a) stop posting this inane thread to uk.telecom and
(b) explain why it was cross posted there in the first place..?!

Ivor

Old April 17th 06, 06:04 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

Andy wrote:

I am the OP and if I went and read all the posts in this thread then
I would never get out of the house!

Then you should have not X-posted it,******

Apologies for doing X-posting,but ain't got a clue where the tosser is
reading it from?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Old April 17th 06, 06:30 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

Andy wrote:

On 15 Apr 2006, wrote:

ISTR that Xmas and Easter were the two days when large shops had
to close. Is this true?

However Tesco says it will open between 6 am and midnight on
Easter. Is this a typo? Must be? http://tinyurl.com/f9zb7

M&S is normally open on a Sunday but will be closed on Easter
day. http://tinyurl.com/z9yyv

I am the OP and if I went and read all the posts in this thread then
I would never get out of the house!

Anyway events have overtaken us and the question has moved on.

Now I need to ask: are the usual big "open 24 hours" stores like
Tesco closing later today (Monday) or will they now remain open
through the week?

Have a look back a few posts, your question has already been answered.

--
wigwambam