Laserjet 3030 unable to communicate with hp scanning software

Old October 21st 08, 07:15 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
[email protected][_2_]

Default Laserjet 3030 unable to communicate with hp scanning software

I have an HP laserjet 3030 multifunction hooked up via USB to my pc
running Windows XP Pro.
I am unable to scan from my hp software [start, all programs, hewllet-
packard, hp laserjet 3030, scan]. I am also unable to push the button
on the printer. Both actions result in a message on my screen "unable
to communicate with hp scanning software".
I have done the following actions as an attempt to resolve the issue.
* Remove all hp software and reboot pc.
* Reinstall printer software from CD.
* Download and install hp LaserJet 3015/3020/3030/3380 AIO software
update
* Download and install HP LaserJet 3015/3020/3030/3380 Fix Scan
Utility

Printing is not a problem.
Can someone please help. This is very frustrating.

David
Old November 8th 08, 02:23 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
BITE ME

wrote in message
I have an HP laserjet 3030 multifunction hooked up via USB to my pc
running Windows XP Pro.
I am unable to scan from my hp software [start, all programs, hewllet-
packard, hp laserjet 3030, scan]. I am also unable to push the button
on the printer. Both actions result in a message on my screen "unable
to communicate with hp scanning software".
I have done the following actions as an attempt to resolve the issue.
* Remove all hp software and reboot pc.
* Reinstall printer software from CD.
* Download and install hp LaserJet 3015/3020/3030/3380 AIO software
update
* Download and install HP LaserJet 3015/3020/3030/3380 Fix Scan
Utility

Printing is not a problem.
Can someone please help. This is very frustrating.

David

Had a scan jet 8250, same thing happend It turned out it doesnt like
USB cables over 6 ft or low quality cables
Hope it helps

BITE ME