Bluetooth Adapters / Dongles or Headset

Old December 4th 04, 04:18 PM
AMO

Default Bluetooth Adapters / Dongles or Headset

I need to use my PC to use Skype to chat to someone across the pond, PC to
PC.

I understand there are two ways I could go to set up the communications
hardwa
1. Buy a standard headset.
2. Buy a Blue Tooth adapter which will enable me to connect my Blue Tooth
headset to my PC.

Questions.....

a) If I buy a standard headset, is it better to go for something like a USB2
headset which bypasses the soundcard:
or get a standard one that plugs into the phone sockets on the PC?

b) I already have a Blue Tooth headset. If I get a Blue Tooth adapter, it
will enable me to connect my BlueTooth headset to my PC as well as allow me
to connect my BlueTooth enabled phones to talk to me PC by BlueTooth right
(e.g. Nokia PC Suite)?

c) Could anyone point me in the right direction for either the above two
options for getting the right equipment? I have been looking mainly on
Amazon and EBuyer. Any recommendations? Whilst I want it to be cheap, I
want the items I purchase to be comfortable for talking for around 2hours
non-stop.

Thanx.

AMO

Old December 6th 04, 09:16 AM
Gama Chameleon

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 16:18:16 -0000, "AMO"
wrote:

I need to use my PC to use Skype to chat to someone across the pond, PC to
PC.

I understand there are two ways I could go to set up the communications
hardwa
1. Buy a standard headset.
2. Buy a Blue Tooth adapter which will enable me to connect my Blue Tooth
headset to my PC.

Questions.....

a) If I buy a standard headset, is it better to go for something like a USB2
headset which bypasses the soundcard:
or get a standard one that plugs into the phone sockets on the PC?

Can you get ones that plug into the stanard input sockets on a PC.
I've been looking for one myself, but no luck.
--
Gamma gamma gamma chameleon
You come and glow, you come and glow.
Old December 7th 04, 11:23 PM
AMO

"Gama Chameleon" wrote
in message ...
a) If I buy a standard headset, is it better to go for something like a
USB2
headset which bypasses the soundcard:
or get a standard one that plugs into the phone sockets on the PC?

Can you get ones that plug into the stanard input sockets on a PC.
I've been looking for one myself, but no luck.

I bought the above USB2 headset from Amazon. Its the cheapest place to get
it. Also, as I understand from what I've read, by bypassing the sound card,
you get much better audio quality.

AMO

Old December 8th 04, 08:58 AM
Gama Chameleon

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 23:23:07 -0000, "AMO"
wrote:

"Gama Chameleon" wrote
in message ...
a) If I buy a standard headset, is it better to go for something like a
USB2
headset which bypasses the soundcard:
or get a standard one that plugs into the phone sockets on the PC?

Can you get ones that plug into the stanard input sockets on a PC.
I've been looking for one myself, but no luck.

I bought the above USB2 headset from Amazon. Its the cheapest place to get
it. Also, as I understand from what I've read, by bypassing the sound card,
you get much better audio quality.

Aye, but for what I want it for the USB2 side is not possible.
--
Gamma gamma gamma chameleon
You come and glow, you come and glow.
Kick out the cats before you reply

Traditional Wireless Mouse or Bluetooth? Greg General 7 November 9th 04 02:06 PM
Dell Recalls 4.4 Million Notebook AC Adapters DOC Dell Computers 23 October 26th 04 12:20 AM
[Dumb Question] Can I use a Bluetooth headset on a Laptop? mack Dell Computers 3 October 20th 04 09:35 AM
Bluetooth headset for PC chris General 2 July 10th 04 04:28 AM
mirroring across ssa adapters? Mike Storage & Hardrives 0 April 15th 04 04:32 PM