Please Help-- 53.03 and GF2MX400

Old January 9th 04, 10:29 PM
j smith

Default Please Help-- 53.03 and GF2MX400

I have searched the web until I cant see anymore, and I have tried looking
in this forum to no end. I cant find my problem or a solution....

WinXP Pro, GeForce2MX400, 53.03 (or anything past 45.23), AMD-XP1700, IRQ
set to 5 (if this matters).

These drivers see and start my TV out fine. Overlay on the TV is bordered
(which is another problem). But under display properties-advanced, I do
not get the GeForce2 tab. I can not get into any of my functions for
setting up the card. I've been told that the newer drivers have a
full-screen option that I want to use (yes, I have the Ch7008 chip). Can
anyone please help me.

Problem #2, When running TV-out, the picture is beautiful. When I start up
TV-Tool, I get all kinds of little horizontal lines throughout the screen
(like noise). How can I eliminate that?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide....
Willy_HSV

Old January 10th 04, 12:59 AM
DaveW

You're supposed to be using 45.23 for that older card. The newest drivers
are for the DX9 capable FX series.

--
DaveW

Old January 10th 04, 03:37 AM
j smith

OK, I am confused now. On NV site, they have the "detonator" drivers are
for my card too. The 53.04 works great under WinME, and I have all the
options available. Just when I boot into XP, I loose the 53.03 GF Tab in
advanced settings. On the Pinnacle forums, someone said they had the same
problem and they just kept ****ing around with the card and the system until
it worked. They dont remmeber what the final fix was (or group of fixes).
I dont want to spend hours on something to find out it is a little switch,
registry setting, or hardware setup issue. BTW, my WinME partition runs the
53.04 driver with the card on IRQ10. M$ in their glory decided to take out
the configurable IRQ's in XP, which I think may have something to do with
this. While I wait for someone else to speak up, I might just try manually
changing my ME to IRQ5 and see if it kills the tab. Then I will have a
starting point for my XP partition. Linux and Solaris are looking better
every time I try messing with this stuf..........

Thanks
Willy_HSV

Old January 10th 04, 03:43 AM
Larry L.

You're supposed to be using 45.23 for that older card. The newest drivers
are for the DX9 capable FX series.

Not true. The new drivers are "supposed" to work for ALL Geforce series
cards that's. Whether or not they improve performance is an entirely
different subject. You also need to consider that the newer drivers
absolutely fix issues that exist with the older drivers, so there is
definitely a reason to use the newer drivers even if you have an older card.
Remember also that the GF4 series cards are DX9 "compatible" even if they
don't utilize the DX9 feature sets.

Larry

--
DaveW

Old January 10th 04, 06:20 AM
BelaLvgosi

"j smith" wrote in message
[...]

Fun, but 52.16's (and 53's with no tweaking) work faster in my herc gf2mx
than 45.23's or other 4x.xx's. Anyway I have the same problem with it as I
can't see any advanced properties page, so I stick to the 52.16's wich give
the same performance.

Old January 10th 04, 06:25 AM
BelaLvgosi

"j smith" wrote in message
[...]

Oh, just to add, I can't understand this whole IRQ sharing problem when
people are using ACPI mode where IRQ's are only represented for legacy
matters (hence they the free IRQ's all adressed to one for representation
only) since there are now some 256 new adresses completely independent
instead of the old 15 (on wich you could only configure around 5 for pci).

Old January 10th 04, 02:32 PM
Larry L.

Anyway I have the same problem with it as I
can't see any advanced properties page, so I stick to the 52.16's wich

give
the same performance.

This issue seems to pop up randomly once in a while when updating drivers,
and does not seem to be specifically related to any particular release. The
only way I've been able to solve it in the past has been to install an even
newer driver. I have also noticed that the same driver release will not
have the problem when starting from a fresh OS install.

Larry

Old January 11th 04, 05:36 AM
BelaLvgosi

"Larry L." wrote in message
Anyway I have the same problem with it as I
can't see any advanced properties page, so I stick to the 52.16's wich

give
the same performance.

This issue seems to pop up randomly once in a while when updating drivers,
and does not seem to be specifically related to any particular release.

The
only way I've been able to solve it in the past has been to install an

even
newer driver. I have also noticed that the same driver release will not
have the problem when starting from a fresh OS install.

Larry

In 53.03's case, after a xp repair, that put back ms's ones, after I
reinstaled them the advanced was still missing. It's funny how these 5x.xx
are faster than 4x.xx in old gf2 mx's (both with settings on performance,
can't compare the rest, but I've never noticed any corruption). The only
difference I've ever noticed between performance and quality was in a ti4200
8x in IL2 FB during the menus in GL mode, there where some strange blocks,
but in that card the performance is exactly the same (at least in
benchmarks) in quality mode, unlike the mx where I get a 5-10% boost.