Where to get DVD - R Quantity discount?

Old November 28th 03, 08:37 PM
Dave

"Tony Sutton" wrote in message
"Dave" wrote in message

I disagree, they never answer enotes, not even for simple enquiries

(such
as
my mates question: does this dvd-rom come with an IDE lead) you may make
about a certain item before you purchase it.

It's usually stated on the product description page. Every enote I posted
usually gets answered within 2 to 3 days, and only once 5 days, which was
due to a busy session. Only three times, it got answered in less than 12
hours.

again you must be lucky, cos the review site even states from several people
just how bad their enotes system is.

Old November 28th 03, 08:40 PM
Dave

"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
I disagree, they never answer enotes, not even for simple enquiries

(such
as
my mates question: does this dvd-rom come with an IDE lead) you may make
about a certain item before you purchase it.

Simple answer to the DVD-ROM question. OEM no cable or screws. Retail
usually comes with cable and screws.

Well normally yes, but i have brought 2 dvd roms in the past which were
(aopen and artec) both were retail boxed, both came with power dvd, both
came with audio cable, NEITHER came with IDE cable.

Not everyone knows this, and cables are
cheap (although this is not an adequate excuse) but I agree it's obscene

of
Ebuyer to ignore such a easily answerable question. I have asked them

about
stuff before buying and got the generic "we don't enter into discussion
about products prior to purchase."

If i got that response id definately shop elsewhere.

Old November 28th 03, 08:44 PM
Dave

"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
No items often arrive damaged due to bad packing

Strange, I have plenty of tough boxes and them air bag things saved up to
show for decent packaging.

Again you must be lucky, christ you only have to look at various reviews
from customers in the atx/modded/ pc case section on ebuyers own site to see
how often cases arrive damaged, at the last count i saw 5 reviews from
different people stating that the lugs on the front of the case had snapped
off due to bad packing, not good im sure you must agree (

Old November 28th 03, 08:47 PM
Dave

"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
Rubbish, my neighbour use to work for a courier company, and you would

be
suprised at how similar the prices are that these various courier firms
charge, so that aint the reason.

The actual Inter****ty link courier drivers make up their low wages by
opening boxes and accidentally removing CD-writers and DVD-ROM drives and
selling them!

Oh wonderfull, now ask yourself, no matter how cheap they were, if you were
a business similar to ebuyer, would you send items with that
company.......of course you wouldnt.

Old November 28th 03, 09:00 PM
tHatDudeUK

"Dave" wrote in message
Again you must be lucky, christ you only have to look at various reviews
from customers in the atx/modded/ pc case section on ebuyers own site to

see
how often cases arrive damaged, at the last count i saw 5 reviews from
different people stating that the lugs on the front of the case had

snapped
off due to bad packing, not good im sure you must agree (

Nope, not good. But then again you *could* criticise the manufacturer of the
case as Ebuyer usually ships the cases in the box they come in without
adding additional packing other than a sticky label. My coolermaster case
arrived in excellent condition, possibly because the box was very tough.

Old November 28th 03, 11:49 PM
John Jordan

In article , Dave
writes

From reading the reports, they seem to be ok as long as your order arrives
and there is nothing wrong with it, however if you need help from customer
support, then it appears you are screwed (

Not sure about that. I've had a few problems in 50 or so orders but
they've all been resolved satisfactorily and rapidly. I'd recommend
Ebuyer with a few caveats:

1) Never buy the generic memory.
2) Never order anything out of stock - general rule, not just Ebuyer.
3) The packaging can be a bit iffy. Whether you actually end up with
damaged goods depends on the finesse of your local Citylink driver.
4) I've never tried using eNotes for anything except RMAs and order
errors, but I wouldn't expect much of a response. The product review
system makes up for this to an extent.
5) Never buy the generic memory.

--
John Jordan
Old November 29th 03, 03:04 AM
Dave

"John Jordan" wrote in message
In article , Dave
writes

From reading the reports, they seem to be ok as long as your order

arrives
and there is nothing wrong with it, however if you need help from

customer
support, then it appears you are screwed (

Not sure about that. I've had a few problems in 50 or so orders but
they've all been resolved satisfactorily and rapidly. I'd recommend
Ebuyer with a few caveats:

1) Never buy the generic memory.
2) Never order anything out of stock - general rule, not just Ebuyer.
3) The packaging can be a bit iffy. Whether you actually end up with
damaged goods depends on the finesse of your local Citylink driver.
4) I've never tried using eNotes for anything except RMAs and order
errors, but I wouldn't expect much of a response. The product review
system makes up for this to an extent.
5) Never buy the generic memory.

nice reply, i like nos. 1, 3 and 5 ;D

Old November 29th 03, 03:06 AM
Dave

"Dave" wrote in message
Again you must be lucky, christ you only have to look at various reviews
from customers in the atx/modded/ pc case section on ebuyers own site to

see
how often cases arrive damaged, at the last count i saw 5 reviews from
different people stating that the lugs on the front of the case had

snapped
off due to bad packing, not good im sure you must agree (

Nope, not good. But then again you *could* criticise the manufacturer of

the
case as Ebuyer usually ships the cases in the box they come in without
adding additional packing other than a sticky label. My coolermaster case
arrived in excellent condition, possibly because the box was very tough.

Thats bad, if i was ebuyer id atleast wrap the case itself in bubble wrap,
rather then send out something that has say a 90% chance of getting damaged,
im glad you have good results with ebuyer though, its just plainly obvious
many dont (

Old November 30th 03, 02:20 PM
Steve Walker

Dave wrote:

Oh yeah nearly forgot, this from someone with the following.........
us-ascii character set and using
Forte Agent 1.93/32.576 English (American)
making fun of ones English is hillarious

ITYM "Making fun of one's English is hilarious"

HTH, HAND

Old November 30th 03, 04:20 PM
Dave

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
Dave wrote:

Oh yeah nearly forgot, this from someone with the following.........
us-ascii character set and using
Forte Agent 1.93/32.576 English (American)
making fun of ones English is hillarious

ITYM "Making fun of one's English is hilarious"

HTH, HAND

Yeah, yeah, troll if you say so ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

looking for Epson discount code for ink cartridges tstockma Printers 21 October 27th 04 11:40 AM
25% OFF ALL DELL ORDERS THROUGH ME! JUST CONTACT ME TO SET IT UP! I get a great discount so I'm offering all DELL orders at 25% off. All you have to do is find out what you want, and contact me. Once your payment is recieved I will give you your of BassArt32 Homebuilt PC's 1 October 13th 04 11:41 AM
Discount Computer Hardware, Motherboards and Graphics mr_computer_pro Overclocking AMD Processors 0 March 17th 04 05:20 AM
Dell 5% discount ferg Dell Computers 0 November 29th 03 10:06 PM
new discount from matrox Hjdelahoussaye Matrox Videocards 7 July 31st 03 05:22 AM