USB Pen Drive Recommendation

Old January 16th 04, 09:01 PM
*** HAWK

Default USB Pen Drive Recommendation

Can anybody recommend me a good USB Pen Drive that fits the following
requirements :
1 - Has a mininum of 256Mb
2 - Is USB 2.0 (High Speed) Compatible
3 - Is lightweight
4 - Ideally looks good
5 - Is cheap (or at least good value for money)

UK Vendors only!

Many thanks

Old January 16th 04, 09:04 PM
Réjean Dutil

I like the Verbatim. It slim design made it easy to connect without a cable.

Rejean

message de ...

Old January 16th 04, 11:04 PM
tHatDudeUK

"*** HAWK" wrote in message
Can anybody recommend me a good USB Pen Drive that fits the following
requirements :
1 - Has a mininum of 256Mb
2 - Is USB 2.0 (High Speed) Compatible
3 - Is lightweight
4 - Ideally looks good
5 - Is cheap (or at least good value for money)

I recommend one of those USB dongle memory card reader things and a separate
memory card. I have an MMC one which doesn't need drivers with XP or 2000
and I guess it's the same for the others.

look at www.ebuyer.com and the following product codes

50920
30930
30931
30929

Or something similar

Choose your format of memory. Can go for smallest or cheapest per mb. Add
that to it and you got the same as one of those memory sticks and can
exchange the memory.

USB2 is meaningless in these memory products I think. I don't think they can
even max out the old USB v1.0 standards and sticking a USB 2.0 interface
there doesn't do much because it's limited by the speed the memory can be
written at.

Old January 17th 04, 11:02 AM
*** HAWK

Cheers for the advice 'DudeUK'
I never really thought of that as option - it dafts really cos I already on
a smartmedia card & memory card reader.
So I may just take your advice & use that for the time being

Thanks for the useful information - I would never have thought of that -
cheers

Old January 17th 04, 07:54 PM
Sultan

*** HAWK wrote in :

Can anybody recommend me a good USB Pen Drive that fits the following
requirements :
1 - Has a mininum of 256Mb
2 - Is USB 2.0 (High Speed) Compatible
3 - Is lightweight
4 - Ideally looks good
5 - Is cheap (or at least good value for money)

UK Vendors only!

Many thanks

SimpleTech - $49 for 256MB

Old January 19th 04, 09:08 AM
Trai' La Trash

*** HAWK wrote:
Can anybody recommend me a good USB Pen Drive that fits the following
requirements :
1 - Has a mininum of 256Mb
2 - Is USB 2.0 (High Speed) Compatible
3 - Is lightweight
4 - Ideally looks good
5 - Is cheap (or at least good value for money)

UK Vendors only!

Many thanks

http://www.dynamism.com/iduck/
1- not quite 256mb
2- not usb 2.0
3- definately light weight (heck might even fly south for all I know)
4 Depends on who's looking I guess,I think it looks good and I will
definately know it's mine.
5- kinda pricey $49

It's a bird it's a plane no wait it's USB DUCK

Quack Quack

Trai'